It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product analytics. We are at a unique inflection point where we have a large influence on the market and impact to our customers, yet are still at a size where individuals can play a critical role in creating a large part of that impact. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that will change the way that people work. It's with that backdrop that we're hiring a business intelligence analyst for our world-class business analytics team. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with product managers, product analysts, and engineers in our Apps org to surface insights around the impact of product features on user behavior that can be used to continue to build products that delight Box customers.
Why the team needs you
We have an exciting product roadmap and team focused on building and rolling out some of the most important products in the history of our company. We want someone who is comfortable partnering closely with multiple stakeholders to build impactful visualizations using Tableau and Amplitude and define the product taxonomy needed to depict user behavior and measure business goals.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is in an ideal position to help enterprises transform how people work together. As the pace of our growth accelerates, we need business intelligence analysts who can help our product organization make data-driven decisions by democratizing the use of data.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
Who you are
You're a data person through and through. You care deeply about how data can be used to materially make your customers' lives better, and you understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success. You bring that ethos to work every day, where you work collaboratively with product, analytics, and engineering team members to bring amazing products to market.
Here's the fine print:
- You've got at least one year under your belt working in a similar BI or analytics role at a consumer or enterprise software company.
- You have experience with SQL (Hive, Presto and Redshift preferred).
- You are a Tableau expert. If you have used Amplitude, that is a big plus.
- You have familiarity with analyzing data (experience with product data is a plus), defining data taxonomy, and creating visualizations and dashboards to convey key metrics.
- You've proven yourself as a trusted business partner. You have exceptional business and communication skills and can advise stakeholders on best practices.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience.
If you just read the above and got a chill down your spine because of how well it described you, then we definitely need to talk!