It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that completely transform the way that people work. We are a big enough company to have the ability to deliver market-shifting features in our platform. And just small enough that you can see a significant and meaningful impact from your efforts.
At Box, we manage the critical documents and data for some of largest and most recognized brands in the world. The Box Infra team owns the foundational building blocks that support everything we do for our customers:
- An exabyte-scale, cloud storage system that protects and delivers our customers data
- Big data processing facilities that power deep insights and content collaboration
- A micro-services platform that helps Box developers innovate quickly with cloud-scale readiness
As a product manager for Box Infra, you will shape the vision and evolution of the foundation that supports the worlds leading cloud content management system.
Why the team needs you
Opportunities to work on infrastructure at Box scale don't come along very often. We need someone who loves working on large-scale, geographically distributed, and highly-available infrastructure. You will partner with the internal feature teams who are working every day to blow our customers minds - at scale. You'll be responsible for everything from understanding the performance needs of our customers, exposing new capabilities that enable highly-impactful features, and ensuring that everything is delivered in production with the resiliency and integrity that our enterprise customers depend on.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
We are a product company and our product managers are highly visible and engaged across the business. On one day, you'll be talking to the IT team that supports hundreds of thousands of Box users at a Fortune 500 company. The next, you'll be strategizing about the next generation of storage technologies at Box and working with everyone from business development to engineering to make it happen.
Who you are
You're someone who can straddle the technical and the product sides of a problem, but ultimately are driven more by understanding what the team needs to do to make your customers' lives better than how they need to do it. You are a strong communicator who thrives in both deeply technical discussions with engineers and in articulating why that work is so important to a non-technical, executive level audience. And you are extremely data driven, capable of converting complex use cases from many different stakeholders into a set of clear, quantitative requirements.
Here's the fine print:
- You've got a few years (4+) under your belt as a product manager where you've worked to build and launch products for enterprise customers
- You have experience with large scale, highly available, distributed infrastructure
- You have an innate curiosity and ability to dive deep into product and technical architecture
- You know how to leverage data effectively to inform decisions, set requirements, and evaluate success
- You have a technical background (CS degree etc.)
Sound interesting? We look forward to meeting you!