Today, Box helps millions of customers worldwide untether from their desks and share content in the cloud. People can now work anywhere, on any device and collaborate across the globe with complete ease and security. Box is transforming how work is done. We're developing a collaboration platform that powers organizations around the world, making it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much more.
To meet this goal, it's imperative that we build diverse, high-performing teams. The Box Talent & Belonging Team is focused on creating an exceptional career experience for Boxers worldwide. We care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and genuine connections within the Boxer community. We are a proactive, dynamic, and diverse group rooted in having high-impact and a team-first mindset.
About the Role
The Talent Success team is looking for a dynamic, creative, strategic Senior Manager, Leadership Development to join us in leading and defining leadership development on a global scale across Box. This role will provide exceptional leadership development programming for Boxers worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to jump right in and be an integral part of a team focused on inspiring the trajectory of our employee’s careers and lives. Are you ready to expand your impact as a talent and leadership development professional? This role isn’t your typical L&D job. Our team drives conversations across the company and leads through action. You will be leading, designing and developing innovative leadership and manager development programs that will have high impact on our leader’s development and growth at Box.
If you’re looking for a hands-on opportunity to make a HUGE impact in a global environment, this is the role for you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the leadership development scope for Box, from partnering with business leaders, to building unique programs and experiences, to facilitating trainings.
- Create the overall strategy and roadmap to deliver on a robust leadership development agenda that is aligned with business needs.
- Lead the development of curricula for leadership and manager development programs that are aligned with Company philosophy and values.
- Provide meaningful development programs for remote and global learners.
- Partner on creating and deploying a career development framework that enables employees to continue to develop and advance in the organization.
- Provide an excellent employee experience as a top priority and go above and beyond to ensure every employee you touch feels inspired.
- Partner closely with business leaders, Org Success and HR team to ensure leadership programs are meeting the organization’s needs.
- Manage external vendors to align to and deliver desired project outcomes.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 6-8 years of hands-on experience in creating and leading learning & talent development programs, leadership development experiences and curriculum, and facilitating training.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Be an experienced and dynamic facilitator, presenter, storyteller and coach. You should be comfortable working with all levels of leaders.
- The passion and ability to design and develop leadership development strategies and programs aligned with our values and business goals to drive results in a performance-based learning culture.
- The ability to work cross-functionally, effectively communicate with all levels of leadership and employees, and speak effectively in front of groups.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Agility and resourcefulness and are comfortable in a fast-moving environment with bias towards action in the face of ambiguity.
- Killer communication skills: can write, stand and deliver - or facilitate - a presentation to any level or size of audience) and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategic thinking skills and strong business acumen.
- The ability to track and report metrics.
- The ability to work independently as well as be a truly collaborative partner.
- The ability to build strong relationships and navigate through stakeholder discussions to successful outcomes.
- Experience in Google apps (gmail, Google Calendar, etc) and MS Office with exceptional skills in PowerPoint.
- Experience as a people leader.
Why You’ll Love Working at Box…
- Reporting directly to the Director, Global Talent Success, you’ll be leading and creating all leadership and manager development globally across Box. You'll gain perspective on all aspects of the company and be in a position to deliver significant, lasting impact to our employee’s development and career trajectories.
- This role is highly visible: you'll be an integral part of the Talent Success team and will have regular exposure to leaders and senior executives across the company.
- You can bring your authentic self to work & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of technology.
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.