Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Reporting to lead all aspect related to external reporting and technical accounting. You will report into the Senior Director, Technical Accounting and will be influential in achieving our objective to deliver a best-in-class financial reporting! As well as serve as the subject matter expert for complex and significant accounting transactions, new accounting pronouncements, and technical accounting memorandums. You will also lead, develop, and mentor a high performing Technical Accounting team.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative problem solver, excels in technical research, verbal and written communication, and has the ability to translate complex accounting and reporting matters into concise solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and mentor the Technical Accounting and Reporting team to ensure they can achieve their personal growth and career goals.
- Develop a vision and long-term plan for how we can continue to drive the highest level of quality financial reporting as we continue to grow and scale.
- Partner with business leaders throughout the organization to assist in structuring commercial terms for infrastructure, real estate, operating and finance leases, marketing, software and other contracts. In addition, support our corporate development team in structuring M&A arrangements, perform financial due diligence, drive valuation assessments and perform other related operational activities. Analyze contracts to identify technical accounting matters and ensure compliance with corporate and accounting policies and operational processes..
- Manage timely and accurate preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Q’s and 10-K’s and assist with Proxy Statements.
- Drive coordination, expectations, and project management with internal and external partners, including but not limited to Legal, Investor Relations, Strategic Planning and Analysis, Technical Operations, and IT.
- Evaluate the accounting treatment for all significant accounting transactions, research and implement relevant accounting standards, and draft technical accounting memorandums on significant and complex transactions.
- Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies and procedures in line with new pronouncements, as needed. Roll out new accounting pronouncements cross-functionally by setting up new accounting policies, consulting with various key partners within and outside controllership, and communicate status updates and expected financial statements implications to SP&A, CFO, Investor Relations and other executives.
- Liaise with the external auditors activities regarding complex transactions, new accounting standards, or changes in existing policies.
- Own internal controls related to technical accounting and financial reporting
- Perform monitoring activities related to month end close activities and execution in accordance with our accounting policies, including new accounting pronouncements.
- Review monthly internal financial schedules (journal entries, reconciliation schedules, variance reporting, month-end close, etc.) for certain accounting areas.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance from a top university
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years of experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience
- 3+ years of people management
- Deep technical (US GAAP) understanding and expertise
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to build and develop teams
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated- able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Effective cross-functional management skills
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.