The Recruiting Operations function is critical to the development and evolution of Box's global recruiting organization. It's at the center of everything we do as a team, building the infrastructure, the tools and the processes that will help us (and Box as a whole!) scale and operate effectively.
The Senior Manager, Recruiting Operations & Programs has a broad remit, responsible for coordinating the implementation of our key initiatives, streamlining our processes, navigating operational roadblocks and innovating how we hire. The role requires deep program management experience and the ability to scope, lead and deliver a wide range of complex projects, develop business cases, project charters, and provide executive updates and communications. The role is highly cross-functional in nature and will require the development of trusted relationships with leaders and stakeholders across a variety of teams such as People Operations, Strategy Planning & Analysis (SP&A), Finance, Legal, Enterprise Systems, Procurement etc. There is also a forward-looking element to the role, working closely with the Recruiting and People Leadership Teams to define vision and strategy, build future operating models and ensure that Box is at the forefront of creative approaches to talent acquisition.
Why the team needs you
The role has responsibility for the following:
All aspects of the candidate journey from leading our team of stellar Recruiting Coordinators to overseeing and developing our Employment Branding efforts.
- Headcount Planning & Approval: liaise closely with the SP&A org to ensure forecasting is accurate and the Recruiting team has full line of sight to company headcount targets.
- Recruiting Capacity Planning: provide insights to the Recruiting Managers to allow them to effectively balance workload across their teams, decide appropriate resourcing levels, Recruiter/Sourcer ratios etc.
- Budget: partner with SP&A and the Recruiting Managers to manage budget allocation and ensure we stay on plan through the financial year.
- Candidate Travel
- University Recruiting: manage Box's UR team overseeing all of our intern and early career programs such as the Box Business Fellowship, our Rotational Leadership Program etc.
- Recruiting Events: develop the infrastructure needed to support Recruiters/Managers looking to host/attend events e.g. play-books, coordinating resources/budget etc.
- Recruiter Training & Development: partner closely with Recruiting Managers and Talent & Belonging to build a training roadmap for the team e.g. Recruiter/Sourcer/Coordinator on-boarding, ongoing team trainings, skills development etc.
- Employee Referral Program: manage and further develop the program.
Insights & Analytics: partner with SP&A and the Business Analytics teams to build a robust reporting capability, ensuring the accuracy of our data, definition of key performance metrics and develop dashboards to help recruiting leaders operate effectively at scale and provide insights to the business.
PMO: provide the broader recruiting team with project management support and oversee tracking mechanisms for key team initiatives.
Process & Policy Development: ensure consistency in the hiring process and ensure we are focused on quality and experience in everything that we do. It is also critical that we protect the company's reputation and brand image by taking a thoughtful and professional approach to all aspects of compliance, audits and data integrity:
- OFCCP/GPDR audits/compliance
- New Hire Paperwork (documentation, offer language etc)
- Hiring Process Mapping & Optimization
Tools & Technology: partner closely with the Enterprise Systems team to maintain and further develop the Tech Roadmap (assessment, selection of key tools, measurement, ROI etc.)
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. This year we plan to hire more new Boxers than ever before. To help the company meet its goals, it is essential that we scale our recruiting efforts while also making sure that we provide an experience that offers an insight in to our magical culture. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
- Reporting directly to the VP of Recruiting, this role is like the COO of the global recruiting function. You'll gain incredible perspective on all aspects of the recruiting organization and be in a position to deliver significant, lasting impact.
- The role is highly visible: you'll be an integral part of the Recruiting Leadership Team and will have regular exposure to the company's senior executives.
Who you are
• 8+ years experience scoping, leading and delivering complex programs and projects with a significant number of these years in Recruiting, Recruiting Operations and/or Analyst or Program Management roles.
• Previous experience both in recruiting and leading an operations team is essential.
• Ability to define and execute a holistic recruiting operations strategy that supports global recruiting efforts.
• Deep understanding of the recruiting lifecycle and hiring processes and how to best optimize them for efficiency and quality.
• Strong project and program management experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, confident and proficient working with data.
• Capable and confident communicator with the ability to partner and influence at all levels of an organization.
• Comfortable navigating a constantly changing environment, happy to roll up one's sleeves when necessary to get things done.
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional groups, including external vendors