Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, technology finance professionals, and engineers that enjoy solving the business challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow Box as fast as possible. Our role is to inform and drive some of Box’s most important business decisions by:
- Providing context and connection between functions, across time (quarter, year, multi-year), and among varying levels of data (high-level external metrics to detailed operational indicators).
- Linking that context directly to our corporate and business strategy.
- Objectively assessing the impact of the decision on our business.
Why Box Needs You
We are searching for an exceptional individual to join our team and support the global Product and Engineering organization planning and analysis efforts for $1B+ revenue scale.
Why You Need Box
The position offers a steep learning curve, a platform to inform significant decisions, exposure and accountability to Box’s leadership team, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. You’ll be contributing to Box’s growth and profitability with a direct connection between your activities and the success of the business. Are you up for the challenge?
- Provide strategic and operational finance support to leaders within Box’s Product and Engineering organizations.
- Drive end-to-end financial planning and forecasting (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Be an authority on each of our product businesses, analyzing and reporting on critical health metrics like cost-to-serve, profitability, and customer health.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders to assess and balance resource allocations on a rolling basis in a data-driven, scalable manner.
- Drive ad-hoc analyses and business cases to influence investment decisions and business strategy – for example, building and taking a new product to market.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to implement and execute scalable processes for tracking and managing funding requests, triaging intra-quarter puts/takes and assessing variances to plan.
- Lead the month-end-close process, collaborating closely with our corporate finance and accounting teams.
How You Would Spend Your Day
- Managing a sizeable spend portfolio - You’ll actively lead forecasting and financial planning for our Product & Engineering organization. Example: Working with our engineering leadership team to model annual budgets and investments aligned with company goals.
- Initiating and authoring insightful financial analyses - Your business partners rely on you to help consider various financial cases and scenarios - you are the point person for building detailed financial models, extracting insights, and providing concise, actionable recommendations. Example: Working with our engineering team model the financial impacts of difficult decisions while helping execs understand the most important levers.
- Executing the end-to-end planning process – A significant portion of your role will be focused on partnering with SP&A leadership to build and drive a world-class quarterly and annual planning process. Example: Working with our finance leaders to implement best in class practices, allowing the team, and yourself, to execute efficiently and maximize our impact.
Who You Are
- You have 2-4 years of experience with time spent in investment banking, consulting, accounting or finance and operations within a top technology company.
- Team environments are your jam; you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator and are not hesitant to voice your point of view.
- You’re an excel guru and know your way around SQL. You take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the information you need – but you don’t stop there: You tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You’re a structured thinker and have strong command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second-nature.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.