In the role of Disaster Recovery Manager at Box, you have direct responsibility for the areas of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. We are looking for someone to not only maintain the existing programs, but to scale, mature, and develop these to enhance resilience at Box. Reporting into Box's wider Compliance team, this role requires a strong understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery methodologies. You will collaborate across numerous business lines, including direct interfaces with key stakeholders and senior leadership, to drive process improvement within this fast-paced, rapidly changing business.
This role includes, but not limited to: Plan for and execution of annual business continuity program requirements; lead for technical testing and disaster recovery documentation; producing summary reports; responding to both business and technology related incidents; and administering training or presentations.
- Conducting and managing Business Impact Analysis and risk assessments for key business functions
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
- Discover, analyze, and certify the alignment of business recovery requirements (RTO/RPO) with IT recovery capabilities to ensure resource allocation and plan viability
- Plan and facilitate functional and table-top business continuity exercises to validate recovery strategies within business continuity plans
- Develop a comprehensive test plan and conduct DR tests that include coordinated recoveries with data centers; summarize testing activities, including results, analysis, and recommendations
- Provide subject matter expertise to different business functions and facility projects ensuring high availability, appropriate risk mitigation, and recovery that conforms to business needs
- Work jointly with technology teams to identify technology resilience risks in project initiatives; Drive cloud-based disaster recovery strategy
- Provide vendor assessment support from BC/DR perspective
- Respond and support to emergencies, incidents or crises that require the activation of continuity or disaster plans
- Manage technical crisis incidents life-cycle including declaration, activation, monitoring and RCA
- Assist in other projects/activities as required to maintain the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Programs
- Perform continuity program self-assessment (annual) as per ISO 22301 and other business continuity standards (FFIEC etc.) in order to assess program maturity, identify gaps, and build yearly road map for the program.
- Develop and socialize Business Resiliency training for the enterprise
- Maintain documentation for review by auditors and regulators
- Provide general compliance and internal/external audit support to other Box teams and customers
- Serve as a SME on all things BCM/DR