At Box, we are helping individuals and businesses revolutionize how they get work done, giving them better ways to access, share, and manage business information. The Customer Success organization's mission is to empower and inspire out customers to do amazing things with Box. To do this, we must ensure every customer is successful and driving business outcomes with our products, which leads to customer retention and growth.
However, not all customers are healthy and successful. At Box, we need to deeply understand what makes a healthy (and unhealthy) customer, and pro-actively drive initiatives and accountability across the company to maximize the retention of our customers.
The Retention Strategy Manager will be part of a broader Retention Strategy Team within Customer Success, responsible for leading the cross-company efforts to help Box improve customer retention and maximize long-term customer health. In this role specifically, you will focus on driving our critical renewals processes and program managing the related initiatives to maximize account-specific improvement in the overall health (and renewal outcomes) of our customer base.
- Manage critical renewals process and programs
- Create & manage standard weekly reporting to ensure visibility on progress to eStaff, leadership, managers, ICs, etc.
- Partner with GTM Operations to ensure the right dashboards/tools/processes/etc. are in place
- Create cadence for and manage quarterly executive account review meetings
- Support standardization of regional review cadence, to drive visibility and accountability
- Conduct regular cadence of account review post-mortems ... where did we drive health / renewal outcomes, where did we lose customers, what tactics are working vs. not, etc.
- Pattern match and develop standard renewals best practices
- Ensure progress on critical renewals via ad-hoc check-ins
- Lead and/or project manage key initiatives and strategic projects across the org that influence customer health and retention
- Partner closely with Customer Success Management, Renewals, Sales, Consulting, Product/Engineering, Operations, etc.
- 4 year degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in program management, account management, operations, or strategy
- A real go-getter who takes the initiative to get things done and drive outcomes
- Highly-proactive, organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects and ruthlessly prioritize
- Self-motivated team player who has fresh ideas when it comes to user adoption and churn mitigation
- Strong communication skills and analytical aptitude
- Familiarity with Excel, Salesforce, and other Software-as-a-Service is a plus
- High EQ with an ability to work with many different personality types and positively influence others
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit