Design and build extraordinary mobile applications to make it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate, and get work done faster.
Why Box Needs You
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in Cloud Content Management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. As we rapidly build out new capabilities for collaboration, workflow, and intelligence, more and more content is being uploaded and collaborated on within Box. That's where you come in!
As the Manager of the iOS Engineering team, you'll lead a tight-knit scrum team crafting compelling mobile experiences on top of our mature SDKs. This team owns best-in-class cloud content management applications transforming a traditional workforce to be truly mobile. You will be a hands-on technical leader who drives the execution and delivery of major features designed to accelerate engagement and growth across our diverse user and enterprise base.
Check out our latest mobile tech talk by iOS senior team leaders on "Rich Files Experiences on iOS" (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7bXC3PFtc).
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Ramp up on the Box product suite and learn about the business needs of your team
- Become familiar with the iOS codebase (Objective-C, Swift), technology stack, and mobile use-cases
- Begin to build relationships with your engineers, leads, product teams, customer success teams, and peers to understand their goals
- Lead the delivery of your first major production project
- Hire additional epic engineers to grow the team
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Help your team improve their agile execution, software development processes, and test automation capabilities and skills
- Develop a deep understanding of Box's long-term business goals and tie in your teams' objectives & key results
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond your team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as multi-functional peers in Product, QA/QE, and UI/UX Design
- Develop an ambitious technical roadmap for your teams and align them with your peer engineering teams
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Contribute significantly to Engineering across Box by advancing our major business and technical goals through a first class mobile experience
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career and your team members' careers
- Wonder why you didn't join Box much earlier
- You have 2+ years of direct engineering management experience leading successful and highly-engaged teams
- You have 3+ years of direct experience in building and shipping iOS mobile applications for high-value enterprise customers
- You have a strong technical capability and ability to understand application architecture and best-practices for mobile development, specifically iOS applications
- You have high integrity with a team-focused approach with skills to build tight-knit relationships across Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Success
- You possess extraordinary organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- You believe in well-designed solutions that translate user feedback and behavioral data into new requirements for continual improvement
- You are great at problem solving and have exceptional people management skills
- You have strong end-user empathy and a customer focus
- You are a responsive person with a strong bias for action
- You posses an entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
At Box, you will work with other senior, high-performing managers and engineers where you are constantly learning and sharpening your skill set. You will help evolve, define, and develop the next-generation of tools and capabilities that enable seamless online content collaboration and workflow across the digital enterprise. Box's culture is not just words, it's something we practice daily.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.