WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are seeking a bright individual to help lead the payroll process for our multi-state payroll. This role will report directing to the Sr. Manager of Payroll and offers the opportunity to work closely with our payroll specialist to ensure accurate and timely processing of our US payroll as well as partner closely with other cross-functional teams (e.g. People Operations, Equity, Benefits) to ensure process and role alignment to support the growth of Box!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 1,700+ employees working in over 35 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit vendors. This includes processing stock transactions and delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed.
- Assisting with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Performing user acceptance testing (UAT) for payroll related system improvements and additions. Providing support in various system implementation projects as needed (e.g. HCM, equity tracking, etc.) as well as recognizing opportunities and recommending scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy.
- Providing standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity and People Operations.
- Reconciling and validating 401k/Roth contributions submitted via Fidelity and verify payroll Workday system to reflect proper contributions for the period
- Effectively serving as a main contact for all payroll related matters for all Boxers in a timely manner. Providing excellent payroll support to all employees by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Effectively collaborating with the global People Organization, Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll matters with cross functional impact. Specifically, but is not limited to, new hire processes, cash, bonus and other non-recurring payment processing, and terminations.
WHO YOU ARE
- At least 1 or more years relevant work experience in payroll or Accounting or Finance
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1000 employees with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Workday HRIS and/or Payroll experience a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll related standards, regulations and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well developed organization and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our