We are looking for a high-energy, bright individual to lead the payroll process for our multi-state payroll. In this role, you will work closely with our payroll specialist to ensure accurate and timely processing of our domestic payroll. You will partner closely with other functional teams (e.g. People Operations, Equity, Benefits) to ensure that processes and roles are aligned in order to support the rapid growth of the Company. You will also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external payroll inquiries
We’re looking for 3 to 5 years of experience in payroll. Game-changers who will take charge of payroll, drive process improvements, and be a resource for all US boxers. If you have the motivation to oversee a business-critical process and the desire to grow quickly within the Box organization, this is the position for you!
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 1,700+ employees working in over 35 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit vendors. This includes processing stock transactions and delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed.
- Assisting with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Recognizing opportunities and recommending scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This also involves assisting with the design and implementation of internal control measures to ensure proper payment authorizations and segregation of duties are observed.
- Providing standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity and People Operations.
- Reconciling and validating 401k/Roth contributions submitted via Fidelity and verify payroll Workday system to reflect proper contributions for the period
- Effectively serving as a main contact for all payroll related matters for all Boxers in a timely manner. Providing excellent payroll support to all employees by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Performing user acceptance testing (UAT) for payroll related system improvements and additions. Providing support in various system implementation projects as needed (e.g. HCM, equity tracking, etc.)
- Effectively collaborating with the global People Organization, Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll matters with cross functional impact. Specifically, but is not limited to, new hire processes, cash, bonus and other non-recurring payment processing, and terminations.
- Assisting with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager
- Perform at a Meets or Exceeds expectations level for all specific duties outlined above.
- Have the technical knowledge and experience to be able to satisfactorily achieve the specific duties outlined above. Understand the accounting and tax implications from a payment level, to the general ledger level through to the reconciliation process of all related GL accounts.
- Prompt and courteous customer service to all employee levels.
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- At least 3 or more years relevant work experience in payroll
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1000 employees with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Public company experience a plus
- Workday HRIS and/or Payroll experience a plus
- Customer service background a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High-functioning, working knowledge of payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll related standards, regulations and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Knowledge and comfort with multi-state payroll environments
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Strong and efficient writing skills with attention to grammar
- Acute attention to detail and well developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong desire to grow and learn!
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards and unwavering integrity.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach – can participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the employees assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.