Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, and disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
We are looking for a bright individual to help lead the payroll process for our multi-state payroll. In this role, you will work closely with our payroll specialist to ensure accurate and timely processing of our domestic payroll. You will partner closely with other functional teams (e.g. People Operations, Equity, Benefits) to ensure that processes and roles are aligned in order to support the rapid growth of the Company. You will also serve as a point of contact for all internal and external payroll inquiries
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly basis for 1,700+ employees working in over 35 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit vendors. This includes processing stock transactions and delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed.
- Assisting with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Recognizing opportunities and recommending scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This also involves assisting with the design and implementation of internal control measures to ensure proper payment authorizations and segregation of duties are observed.
- Providing standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity and People Operations.
- Reconciling and validating 401k/Roth contributions submitted via Fidelity and verify payroll Workday system to reflect proper contributions for the period
- Effectively serving as a main contact for all payroll related matters for all Boxers in a timely manner. Providing excellent payroll support to all employees by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Performing user acceptance testing (UAT) for payroll related system improvements and additions. Providing support in various system implementation projects as needed (e.g. HCM, equity tracking, etc.)
- Effectively collaborating with the global People Organization, Legal, Accounting, Finance and business units on general payroll matters with cross functional impact. Specifically, but is not limited to, new hire processes, cash, bonus and other non-recurring payment processing, and terminations.
- Assisting with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager
- At least 1 or more years relevant work experience in payroll or Accounting or Finance
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1000 employees with both exempt and non-exempt employees
- Workday HRIS and/or Payroll experience a plus
- Customer service background a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll processing best practices and procedures, relevant payroll related standards, regulations and other related requirements to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Knowledge and comfort with multi-state payroll environments
- Strong math, analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well developed organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities, upbeat demeanor, and ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong communication skills
- Team-oriented approach
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to work independently, but also knows how to have fun while doing it.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.