Box is on a mission to transform the way the world works together. People can now work anywhere, on any device and collaborate across the globe with complete ease and security.
Box’s People Team focuses on attracting, developing, and retaining world-class talent. We do that by fostering an environment that keeps Boxers growing, productive, and happy. The People Partner function is an integral part of the People Team. We are looking for a consultative, dynamic, and at times hands-on business partner to help us scale the business and innovative culture with our Build teams (Product & Engineering). In addition to liaising with People Partners and CoEs around the world, you will be managing multiple people projects to continue our focus to develop our people programs that excite and retain Boxers. This role will be based in Redwood City and will report into one of our Director, People Partners.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Align business objectives with site and functional leaders; serve as a consultant to Product & Engineering leadership on people-related issues.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with org leaders, managers and individual contributors.
- Work closely with leadership and managers on organizational design and change initiatives, people/performance decisions and actions, talent management and development, employee engagement, culture & communication, and people program roll outs.
- Partner with other People functions and internal resources to drive and execute corporate-wide People initiatives and programs.
- Coach senior management and managers through employee related issues and Box people processes.
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis — “pulse of the organization” — and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies.
- Constructively challenge the status quo for purpose of improving outcomes or processes.
- Liaise between the People Team, client groups, and other stakeholders at Box, all while representing Box values and culture.
Attributes & Leadership Qualities:
- A business consultant to support business efforts to recruit, manage, train, and mentor senior staff and adhere to professional practice requirements.
- Help drive an organization that aligns to business objectives, communicate this vision to executive management and inspire team members to execute on that vision.
- Have a data driven mind-set to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business.
- Approaches technology as a means to solve business problems, rather than an end in itself.
- Highly skilled communicator; ability to break down concepts into simple steps or actions.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions
- Operates with utmost integrity and respect.
- A sense of humor and great attitude.
- 5+ years applicable HR/People Business Partner experience with technical teams (product & engineering)
- General knowledge of all functional areas in HR.
- Demonstrated ability scaling processes and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be able to flex work style - strategic, operational and tactical - and partner effectively across functional teams, and employee levels.
- Exceptional organization and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the tech industry with plus for enterprise and cloud technologies.
- Experience working at companies big (1000+) and small.
- Undergraduate degree