It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers. We are a big enough company to have the ability to execute large-scale deliverables. And just small enough that you can play an important role in that delivery. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that will change the way that people work. It's with that backdrop that we're hiring a product manager for our desktop products. These products today include Box Drive, Box Sync, Box Edit and other clients for Mac and Windows PCs. This area is one of our most used product sets and people literally clap and cheer when we deliver new products and features to make their work lives better. :-)
Why the team needs you
Our team is searching for someone who has the creativity to completely reimagine end users' content editing experience, but also understands the complexity of meeting enterprise requirements. You will own two of our core Desktop products as well as own the editing experience across all of our desktop products. Content editing is one of the top drivers of engagement, so you will help to drive a new set of experiences that will fuel growth and engagement across the entire Box user base. You will work closely with customers, engineers, designers, and cross-functional teams to drive a product strategy, alignment and execution. Product managers who thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment, and love working on complex technical challenges should apply.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are a product company and our product managers are highly visible and engaged across the business. On one day, you'll be talking to the IT team that drives hundreds of thousands of Box users at a Fortune 500 company. The next, you'll be evaluating the DAU of your product and the user experience we're building on the desktop.
Who you are
You're a product person through and through. You care deeply about how your products materially make your customers' lives better. And you understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success. You bring that ethos to work every day, where you work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering team members to bring amazing products to market.
Here's the fine print:
- You've got 5+ years under your belt as a product manager where you've worked to build and launch products with highly cross-functional teams
- You're an organized, operational thinker who has a background in inspiring teams, managing complexity, and delivering world-class results
- You have a strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- You are obsessed with data and have a proven track record of using data to make product decisions
- You have experience working in scrum teams in an agile environment, leading agile release planning in terms of iterative, incremental & value-driven delivery and tightening every feedback loop regarding the product (e.g. release often, release early, talk to customers, Minimal Marketable Product, etc.)
- You "get" the desktop challenge: that is, it would be great if you've actually worked on or shipped a desktop product before
- You have a strong technical and business background, CS/MBA preferred
Sound interesting? We look forward to meeting you.