Are you excited by the prospect of using analytics to drive business growth? Do you possess exceptional business and technical smarts, and are passionate about Big Data? Do you want to work in a challenging but fun environment, in an entrepreneurial but well-resourced and supportive environment? We are looking for a super smart and passionate individual to join our Business Analytics team as a Product Analytics Manager. In this role, you will work with our Product Management and Engineering teams, driving analytical insight into business recommendations and actions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how user behavior drives our business. You will provide insights with the goal of increasing growth, driving engagement and upsell, and ultimately making sure our customers love Box! This includes helping product managers, designers, and engineers decide which features to build and why.
- You will test your recommendations in a hypothesis-driven, data-tested manner. This includes 1) performing analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and actions required; 2) leveraging large amounts of disparate data sources by using SQL, Hive, R, or other scripting and statistical tools, and 3) designing and managing A/B or multivariate testing programs.
- You will report against your initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track business progress and assess core initiatives.
- You will serve as the thought partner for senior executives to translate insights into actions and business priorities.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You're a "business thought partner", not just a "data monkey". Your analytical kung fu is strong, but what you really enjoy is finding ways to improve the business. It just so happens that you use data analytics as the tool to prove that your suggestions are the right ones.
- Your analytics skills are strong, including 5-7+ years of experience in an analytics role. You have significant experience with SQL. Familiarity with Tableau and statistical packages (Matlab, SAS, R) and Python is a HUGE plus.
- You have familiarity with product analytics. Experience with analyzing both client side and server side tracking a plus. Examples of relevant experience include: funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc.
- Your business judgment is strong. You've got the ability to take ambiguous business problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- You've proven yourself as a trusted business partner. You've got exceptional business and communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a strong plus.
- You've got a strong education. BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience. MBA preferred.
- You have passion for cloud technologies, specifically for Box!
If you just read the above and got a chill down your spine because of how well it described you, then we definitely need to talk!