It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for Product Marketing Managers (PMM). We have a large and growing customer base that includes 70% of the Fortune 500. Yet we're small enough that each PMM frequently launches products and campaigns that change the way millions of people work.
We're looking for a leader who will help drive overall growth by amplifying our admin experiences. Admins are gatekeepers of Box that can make or break the success of a Box deployment within their organization. Empowering them to be successful is critical to the growth of Box as a whole.
About the Role
As a Product Marketing Manager for Admin Experiences & Growth, you will be a fully dedicated business leader, leading every facet of the admin's journey to help shape the voice of our admin products and help it grow a loyal customer base in addition to ensuring an amazing admin experience. This role requires strong technical acumen and will own and drive the overall GTM plans around messaging/positioning, enablement, product launches and growth. This person will not only represent Box with admins but will also work closely with functional and product leaders and teams in the company including Product Management, Customer Success, Performance Marketing and Sales.
Ideally, the candidate has spent time in product marketing focused on customer experiences and growth initiatives. You should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated credibility as a domain expert with the ability to achieve goals and find direction amidst uncertainty, as well as strengths in marketing messaging, positioning and delivering compelling content.
- Analyze market and customer data to draw insights that will influence the overall plans
- Define, communicate and execute the go-to-market strategy for our admin and select end user products, including a clear definition of the target personas, segments, prioritization, and approach
- Become a subject matter expert on the audience, product, and market trends
- Develop compelling, differentiated messaging and positioning, with a clear understanding of the target customer/audience and the core capabilities of the offering
- Partner with the product team to influence product roadmap and launch, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Work closely with Sales/Customer Success teams to ensure the value proposition, assets, training, support, etc. are all in place
- Collaborate with field/global marketing as well as AR and PR to ensure demand-gen and influencer programs are ready to drive the highest level of interest and excitement in the market place
- Manage and execute the launch of new features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the product launch plan
- Conceptualize, build, and execute multi-channel marketing plans and campaigns to drive admin engagement and growth across the entire post-sales customer journey (onboarding, adoption, retention, expansion, churn prevention)
- Own the marketing metrics dashboard for admins, including WAU and retention metrics
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from admins and campaign effectiveness
- Identify and execute internal research needs to support growth efforts, including surveys, usability testing, behaviors/motivations of admins, field visits, etc.
- Work closely with Customer Success to influence service levers in order to amplify marketing activities
- Optimize marketing strategy, content, and tactics by implementing learnings from A/B experimentation
- MBA preferred
- B2B marketing experience with a focus on growth
- Self-starter with exceptional ability to move efficiently from ambiguity to clarity and execution
- Proven skills building quality customer-facing content, with a demonstrated understanding of requirements across mediums (email, web, etc.) and phases of the customer lifecycle
- Experience driving marketing research that uncovers opportunities to improve the ways we target, position and message to our admins
- Excellent ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of cross-functional partners from Product, Design, CS, and Sales
- Solid analytical acumen; able to interpret data, distill into actionable insights, and develop practical recommendations