Role and Team
As a Frontend Software Engineer on Enterprise Relay, you'll be leading the effort in building our next generation automated business process product.
- No Code Builder - Any user can build, manage, and track their business processes directly in Box
- Simple and Easy - With a simple design interface, Box users can automate their sequential or parallel processes, assign tasks to anyone - including external users - and view progress with a real-time dashboard
- All in One - Because Relay is tightly integrated with the all new Box Tasks, both automated and ad-hoc collaborative work is managed in the same place to reduce process fragmentation
Many of our customers still struggle with managing collaborative work with their teams and external users - whether it's ad-hoc or routine business processes. From reviewing and approving contracts to standardizing on-boarding and publishing approved collateral, users are looking for more efficient ways to build, manage, and track their collaborative business processes. Today, most are stuck with email, while those leveraging workflow tools are looking for simpler, more flexible ways to help business users self-serve themselves with little to no IT involvement.
With the all new Box Relay, users will be able to build and automate their repetitive, content-centric business processes! Relay is critical to our CCM vision by helping Box customers accelerate collaborative business processes and finally fulfill the promises of process automation - shortening cycle times, cutting costs, increasing output, and improving compliance. By helping customers tackle process automation in a scalable way, we're helping them move up the curve to become an intelligent, digital business.
We build products related to analytics, security, and data lifecycle management at enterprise-grade quality. Teams within the group include:
- Enterprise Insights: near real time customer facing analytics
- Enterprise Governance: legal and compliance products (retention, classification, deletion)
- Enterprise Experience: frontend team building components, libraries and services for the enterprise user interface
- Enterprise Relay: Automated workflow products to get work done and build mission-critical business processes within Box
Why Box needs you:
As a technical worker, you will work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product, and business goals. You will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will innovate alongside other members of our staff on our road to excellence.
Why you need Box:
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of the Enterprise team, you will help drive the product and technical vision as well as deliver critical features that generate revenue for the company through enterprise engagement as well as an add-on SKU. You will have an opportunity to design and release new services and integrate with existing systems across Box.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Key contributor to the technical roadmap of the enterprise organization
- Drive the design and implementation of features related to enterprise
- Influence our team's processes and execution methods
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You understand design tradeoffs, and are able to balance technical constraints, business requirements and professional growth when thinking about your projects.
- Act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have experience with CI/CD, TDD
See "Security: Access Controls and Visibility" and "Security: Governance and Compliance" spaces in the Box Overview https://www.box.com/products-and-features
Governance & Compliance: https://www.box.com/security/governance-and-compliance
IT & Admin Controls: https://www.box.com/security/it-admin-controls
Box Community - Governance: https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Governance-Resource-Center/ct-p/BoxGovernance
Box Community - Admin Resources: https://community.box.com/t5/New-Admin-Resource-Center/ct-p/NewAdmin
Legal Holds Launch Post: https://blog.box.com/blog/legal-holds-now-available-box-governance-customers/
Box Tasks and Automations BoxWorks18 announcement: https://youtu.be/snGRvi2bDjA
Box Tasks and Automations BoxWorks18 demo: https://youtu.be/Qf1rVZ8BLcg
Streamlining collaborative work with Box Tasks and Automations: https://blog.box.com/blog/boxworks-2018-intelligence-automation-digital-business
Open Source Projects: http://opensource.box.com/
Developer Platform: https://developer.box.com/