Box is hiring a Staff Network Engineer who brings solid networking experience with an enthusiasm for automation and learning. We're looking for someone who is excited to dive into new projects -- who loves permanently fixing problems and working in a very collaborate culture. The production network team provides continuous access to all services for Box customers around the globe. Working closely with security, compliance, data center and other operations teams you’ll focus on provisioning, care and enhancement of the infrastructure for a rapidly growing Hyper-Scale SaaS platform provider.
Why the team needs you
Interesting scale challenges require creative solutions. We will be looking for your creative technical solutions, automation experience, project leadership to deliver creative technology solutions and help guide the team towards success.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Come help us define a robust way to build, operate and scale the web-services that power this industry-leading mission!
Why you need Box
You'll have the unique opportunity to design build and influence the Global Network for the industry leader in Cloud Content Management space. As you drive and scale our infrastructure, you will get to work with cutting-edge technologies including Arista, white box Networking, Software Defined Networking (SDN) and all major cloud providers. You will be the technical lead in designing solutions that will adhere to current industry as well as audit and compliance standards. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and make a direct impact on the entire business.
Who you are
- 10+ years of networking experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated success working in large-scale enterprise or service provider network environment
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with BGP, ISIS and OSPF
- Deep and substantial configuration experience with routing and switching devices (Arista / Cisco / Juniper)
- Relevant experience with network management tools and utilities (Nagios, Sensu)
- Experience in designing network solutions that adhere to well-known audit and compliance standards
- Ensure that network availability is monitored, managed and operated per SLAs
- Establish and implement best practices and standards across the global network
- General Linux administration skills
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and reporting skills
Nice to have
- Familiarity with automation frameworks, such as Ansible
- Python and Django programming experience
- Perl scripting experience
Here's the fine print:
- Must participate in on-call rotation
- About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit