It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product managers. We have a large and quickly growing customer base that includes 69% of the Fortune 500 and over 90,000 customers worldwide. Yet we're small enough that we move fast and ship product continuously.
Our customers share and collaborate on sensitive information stored in Box including personally identifiable information (PII), intellectual property (IP), and more. With cyber threats on the rise, users continue to be the weakest link in information security. As a result, IT security teams need to ensure that such sensitive information is not leaked from their Box instance either accidentally by a negligent user or by an insider with malicious intent. As part of Box Shield (https://www.box.com/shield), we are on a mission to tackle this problem by building capabilities to - a) classify and categorize content in Box at petabyte scale, and b) enforce classification-based security policies to protect content.
We are looking for a senior product manager who can drive product roadmap and execution to join the Box Shield product team. You will be the product lead for content classification and content security capabilities within Box Shield product line. You will work closely with engineering, product marketing, business development, customer success, and sales engineering, to align roadmaps and execute on the vision.
Why the team needs you
We’re looking for someone that loves the challenge of building security products that work on petabyte scale and has a strong affinity towards understanding data to come up with recommendations for solving content classification and categorization problems, including statistical analysis and machine learning techniques.
We have an exceptional engineering team and we would like to hire a passionate product manager who can look at the content security and classification problems with a new lens, define strategy, and execute on the roadmap to delight our customers. Product managers who thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment, and love working on complex technical challenges should apply.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Why you need Box
Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together "securely".
Box is the custodian of a very large amount of sensitive customer data. This is an amazing opportunity to define, deliver, and drive the adoption of content security and classification capabilities at petabyte scale. If you love data mining, machine learning, security, or want to work with like-minded people, this is a great opportunity to solve some challenging problems.
Bottom-line, we are a product-led company and our product managers are highly visible and engaged both across the business and externally. On one day, you'll be talking to some of our end users (out of the millions of users who use Box every day); the next, you'll be crafting the vision and strategy for the future of work based on customer and data insights; and, the day after, you'll be leading a team of engineers, designers and business analysts to deliver on the strategy you devised.
Who you are
You are an experienced product manager who has successfully shipped enterprise products, and cares deeply about security and privacy of our customer’s data. You innately understand software development process to influence cross-functional engineering teams to deliver mind-blowing capabilities in Box.
You're a lifelong learner that is looking to build your product management skills in an imaginative environment. Most of all, you bring that ethos to work every day, where you work collaboratively with engineering, operations, analytics, and IT team members to deliver amazing products or solutions.
- Own roadmap and execution for content security and content classification capabilities
- Lead one or more scrum teams to groom backlog and execute against roadmap by diligently executing each sprint by working closely with engineers and technical program manager.
- Partners with other engineering leadership, marketing, and executives to develop short- and long-term product roadmap.
- Collaborate across the company to deliver product capabilities.
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- Occasional travel is required (domestic and international)
- You have 3+ years of product management experience shipping enterprise software products in a dynamic and cross-functional environment.
- Experience in Data Leak Prevention (DLP), Content Classification, Machine Learning, Access Control, Data Mining, and related domains is a plus.
- Capable of leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- You are comfortable both doing high-level strategy and execution: you are confident giving a presentation to the CEO and running a meeting with engineers, operations, and marketing.
Sound interesting? Contact us.