At Box, we are helping individuals and businesses revolutionize how they get work done, giving them better ways to access, share, and manage on business information. But it doesn't stop there. Box's capabilities support content-centric business processes - from creation and collaboration to publishing and archive - are critical to helping our customers improve operational efficiency, reduce cycle times, and improve the overall experience of their employees and customers.
To help our customers realize the potential of streamlining the flow of information across their teams, we're looking for a dynamic and ambitions Sr Product Marketing Manager to help drive marketing with our newest automation products, including Box Relay, Box Relay Lite, and Tasks.
The Sr PMM for our automation products that will drive the overall plans around go-to-market, pricing and packaging, message/positioning, field/partner enablement, product launches, strategic partnerships, and, jointly with product management, are the “face” of the product to the external world. This person will not only represent Box with customers, analysts, and partners but will also work closely with functional and product leaders and teams in the company including the Executive team, Product, Marketing, Customers Success and Sales leaders.
Ideally, the candidate has spent time in product marketing or a strategic go-to-market role with a strong emphasis on commercial product success metrics. If you’re interested in this role, you should enjoy and have experience working in a fast-paced environment and have demonstrated solid leadership skills, creativity, and strength in marketing messaging and programs. Above all, we're looking for someone collaborative, with a penchant for aiming high and a can-do attitude.
- Develop plans to achieve our business goals, including customer adoption and financial goals
- Analyze market and customer data to draw insights that will influence the overall plans
- Define, communicate and execute the go-to-market strategy for Box Relay, including a clear definition of the target customer segments, prioritization, and approach
- Coordinate and align with joint development partner on key go-to-market decisions (like pricing, freemium model, etc)
- Become a subject matter expert on the audience, product, competitors and market trends related to automations
- Develop compelling, differentiated messaging and positioning, with a clear understanding of the target customer/audience and the solutions we are able to address
- Partner with the product team to influence product roadmap and launch, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Work closely with sales/channel teams to ensure the value proposition, assets, training, support structures, and incentive plans are all in place for a strong sales motion
- Collaborate with field/global marketing as well as AR and PR to ensure demand-gen and influencer programs are ready to drive the highest level of interest and excitement in the market place
- Manage and execute the launch of new features and related products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the product launch plan
- Engage directly with prospects and customers to learn about their workflow needs and educate them about Box Relay and other automation capabilities
- Identify and develop collaborations/partnerships with 3rd parties to achieve common goals
- 5+ years of relevant experience with focus on enterprise products and customers
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- Experience in working effectively with sales and channel teams
- Highly-proactive, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects and ruthless prioritization
- High EQ with a good sense of humor and ability to positively influence others
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to execute in an environment where things are not always crystal clear
- Passion for cross-functional collaboration and comfort in the spotlight of high-visibility initiatives
- Ability to create clear and compelling messages as well as willingness to roll up the sleeves to create externally-facing assets or internal deliverables
- Previous experience with enterprise software solutions is preferred