The Senior Manager, SOX PMO will lead our overall compliance program with respect to Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. This role ensures management’s scoping and design of key control is adequate and complete to mitigate risk a material misstatement in our financial statements. The Senior Manager, SOX PMO will lead and manage a team of internal and external resources in business and IT, driving the determination of key business processes, systems and controls to be included in our SOX program, testing strategy in collaboration with management and our external auditors, and will lead the walkthroughs, testing of internal controls and evaluation of testing exceptions and severity of deficiencies. This role will also be deeply involved and consult stakeholders within the business in development of new business processes in relation to new products and partnerships driven by our high growth and will lead our internal controls evaluation and design of our ASC 606 implementation.
This role is joining a high performing team in a company with fun and collaborative culture!! This role is highly visible in the organization - great collaboration and communication skills are important as this role reports directly to executive management, our external auditors and the audit committee. In addition, this role requires strong project management skills such as ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects, escalate issues to Director of Technical Accounting and Chief Accounting Officer, and ability to identify and/or anticipate bottle necks and issues and drive to timely resolution.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are to:
- Lead the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company’s financial statements based on criteria defined each calendar period and setting materiality thresholds for the audit.
- Coordinate management’s SOX 404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of “key” controls for assigned critical processes/accounts.
- Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
- Coordinate the completion of the annual SOX 404 Compliance Plan and audit work performed by internal team and co-sourced service providers.
- Coordinate with business owners to ensure controls are being properly designed and thought through when business or organization changes occur.
- Manage consultants and service providers. Act as the lead in the scoping, budgeting, tracking of budget versus actuals, status reporting with the service providers.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls.
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaise with the external auditors and proactively coordinate the SOX audit to ensure, amongst other things, reliance by External Auditors on Management’s testing, coordination of the PBC request process to minimize impact to the business, alignment of testing results
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA certification required/MBA and/or CIA/CISA certification preferable)
- 7+ years of experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience/ SOX 404 audit experience; must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404 and the Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standards.
- Strong Knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Standards of the United States, Security and Exchange reporting requirements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and other applicable professional guidance
- Knowledge of Software as a Service revenue recognition and other common software accounting topics is preferable.
- Financial and business acumen
- Knowledge of external auditor requirements and reporting
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective managerial skills
- Experience with managing a team
- Effective cross-functional management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Visio Flowcharting, PowerPoint etc.