Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
We love solving simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention. At the root of it all, it’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of our users, and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy. This is where you come in.
Why the team needs you
Our team is growing and we have lofty goals. We need a seasoned User Researcher who is not only a strong individual contributor, but also has the ability to lead, build teams, and spread user research ethos across Box.
As a member of our tight-knit team, you will be immersed in every aspect of the development process and own projects end to end -- from brainstorming to launch. We inspire phenomenal end-to-end experiences through thoughtful studies directly with our members and customers. We believe that human-centered decision-making processes lead to responsible design.
Why you need Box
We're a small, but mighty team and the things that you build will make an impact on the future of Box. You'll be able to stretch yourself, and learn and lean on others as you hone in our your craft and grow as a leader. You'll have the opportunity to leading UX research at box from the ground up and mentoring other researchers and broader design team.
Who you are
As a leader on the team, you are responsible for establishing a vision and strategy that will inform and inspire design direction and decisions. You deeply understand User Experience methods and process and have a strong point of view. You’re an expert in problem-solving, relationship-building, and storytelling. You have a keen eye for detail and are credible, confident, and articulate. You know how to build trust and bring out the best in everyone you work with.
- 5+ Years of meaningful experience, including some experience integrating User Research into Product Management and Design.
- Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Computer Sciences, Cognitive Science Psychology, or related social science fields.
- Experience with foundational, formative, and evaluative research methods such as: in-depth interviews, field studies, diaries, projective techniques, focus groups, concept/prototype testing, and surveys.
- Knowledge of statistics, analysis, and experiment design.
- Experience with remote usability testing tool.
- A firm grasp on different research methodologies and their inherent strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in user experience research and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen to propel product strategy.
- Design, plan and conduct user research studies to evaluate future and existing features and products.
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research, including user interviews (remote and local), usability testing, ethnographic observation, etc.
- Deep dive into Box's products and offerings to identify key research questions and opportunities
- Synthesize and effectively communicate research findings into compelling, actionable insights
- Collaborate with co-workers from Business Analytics, Product Design, Product Management, and Engineering to drive evidence-based product decisions.
- Mentors/Hires Associate Researchers and Researchers in day-to-day.
- Evangelize User Research across Box.
- Present strategies to Executive Leadership team