It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product analytics. We are at a unique inflection point where we have a large influence on the market and impact to our customers, yet are still at a size where individuals can play a critical role in creating a large part of that impact. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that will change the way that people work. It's with that backdrop that we're hiring a senior product analyst for our world-class business analytics team.
In this role, you will drive analytical insight into business recommendations that result in a delightful product experience and directly impacts Box's bottom line.
Why the team needs you
The product team is focused on building and rolling out some of the most important products in the history of our company. This is not a conventional analytics role - we want an analyst who can solve data and analytical challenges while keeping a 10,000 foot view of both user behavior and business goals. We don't just need the your analysis results; we also need your insight into how to grow and serve our users better. We especially need an analyst who can step into the user's shoes at every part of their journey and see the product as they see it and translate that insight into actionable strategies.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is in an ideal position to help enterprises transform how people work together. As the pace of our growth accelerates, we need analysts who are willing to take informed risks and get things done.
Within 1 week, you'll...
- Begin learning about the Box ecosystem of products and the unique needs and concerns of our customers.
- Get acquainted with the product, engineering and business analytics teams.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Become proficient with the our data stack and main product tables (Hive, Redshift, Tableau, Qubole, Amplitude).
- Review our high level product roadmap and current understanding of user behavior, understand our available product metrics and Tableau dashboards. Find gaps and think of what could be done to improve our understanding and our impact.
- Help design A/B test experiments, make sure the hypothesis is sound, analyze baseline metrics and determine population to get to statistical significance.
- Based on analytic insights, collaborate with a multifunctional team to identify user engagement and/or adoption opportunities, brainstorm hypotheses, and design and implement experiments.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to identify and patch tracking gaps in our user analytics.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Dive with the team into the results of previous experiments to identify what worked, what didn't, and plan followup actions.
- Partner with the product lead on setting quarterly goals for the team and advise on the associated strategy.
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Host brownbag sessions for your peers, focused on topics that interest you.
- Meet actual customers to learn how they actually use Box, and use insights gained to help design the next round of experiments.
- Develop mechanisms to more sustainably share our learnings with the product and engineering team.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Be an evangelist for analytics and A/B testing at Box, advising teams on how to formulate testable hypotheses and conduct objectively fair experiments.
- Make significant progress toward the next phase of your career.
Who you are
You're a data person through and through. You care deeply about how data can be used to materially make your customers' lives better. And you understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success. You bring that ethos to work every day, where you work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering team members to bring amazing products to market.
Here's the fine print, you have...
- At least two years under your belt in analytics.
- Significant experience with SQL and familiarity with Tableau. Python is a plus.
- Experience with analyzing both client side and server side tracking a plus. Examples of meaningful experience include: funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc.
- Ability to take ambiguous business problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
- Exceptional business and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.