Box is growing fast and in order to reach every customer in the world we need a Manager/Sr. Manager Pricing Strategy to assist in creating industry leading pricing and packaging strategies that cement Box's long term profitability while ensuring that we continue to meet customer requirements.
Who You Are
You will work to evaluate our pricing and packaging strategies, deal structures, profitability and aid in negotiations while collaborating with the product, finance and sales operations teams. You will will sit within the Pricing & Packaging team, which is part of the broader Product Marketing team. The right person for this role loves analytical challenges and can effortlessly communicate with stakeholders which can range from product teams to CxOs and everything in-between. A successful candidate must be able to drive company wide cross-functional projects while managing stakeholder expectations and have fun while doing it!
What you'll do
- Develop, implement, and scale global pricing strategies to capitalize on market opportunities and achieve business objectives.
- Assist to ensure effective implementation of pricing strategies by identifying appropriate resources, testing new pricing models, and leading cross-functional teams.
- Identify metrics to determine performance of pricing changes.
- Assist in developing metrics to track and monitor pricing and discounting performance.
- Use strong communication skills (verbal and written) to discuss models with finance and sales team to ensure alignment with their models/plans.
- Assist in identifying new business and growth opportunities to create incremental growth, including new pricing models, pricing promotions, and go to market approaches.
- Build dashboard to assess pricing trends and monitor sales performance using tools (Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets).
- Improve sales process by streamlining discount approval process while balancing need to maintain financial performance by analyzing historical pricing and discounting data.
- Analyze customer data to identify attributes to categorize customers into segments.
- Performing marketing research with financial modeling and building models that include sales and pricing data
- Conducting pricing research using techniques such as conjoint analysis and Van Westendorp analysis to inform pricing strategy
- Master's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Business Analytics, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in marketing and pricing for SaaS products including performing and interpreting quantitative research of pricing strategies and research of pricing strategies
- Experience with a business intelligence and analytics software (Tableau, stata, etc).
- Executive presence and the ability re-frame position to target stakeholders that can range from accounting teams to the chief of product and everything in-between
- Ability to self-start, prioritize, and stay organized in a dynamic work environment