Box is continuing its investments in security. As a Hybrid Cloud Security Analyst you will be focused on detecting and responding to threats that target a worldwide infrastructure comprised of multiple major public cloud providers and our own private cloud environments.
Why the team needs you?
Box is scaling at a rapid pace. With innovation and speed come interesting security challenges. Our customers demand world-class security. We need your creativity and technical expertise to help us tackle these challenges.
Why Box needs you?
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company positioned to help enterprises transform how people work together. Come help us continue to develop a forward-leaning security posture and an incredible team dedicated to detecting and responding to threats, keeping both Box and our customers safe.
Why you need Box?
Box presents a unique opportunity to be a part of building our global security team at massive scale. We have built a world-class group with some amazing talent and this is a unique opportunity to grow with us. We have the data, we have the corporate support and we're looking to grow. All we need is you!
- Maturing detection in our production environment comprised of our private cloud and major public cloud providers.
- Working with infrastructure security groups to build and implement new security features and providers.
- Respond to security events and incidents involving our production environment.
- Ensure logging health, identifying and remediating coverage gaps.
- Working with Threat intelligence and vulnerability management groups to validate and remediate
- Working with the team to build production detection roadmap.
Nice to haves
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or Security.
- Industry Recognized Security Certifications like CISSP, CEH, GCIA, GCIH.
- Prior work experiences in DevOps, software engineering or sys admin roles.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Security Metrics.
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques to large datasets.
- Tools of the trade including RegEx, YARA, Maltego, CRITS, MISP.
- Prior open source contributions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering or IT related field or equivalent and 5+ years related experience.
- A pulse on the tools, tactics and procedures the bad guys are using today and what they'll be using tomorrow.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in four or more of the following:
- Public Cloud Security (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- On-premise IaaS Security (kubernetes, openstack, VMware, hyper-V, etc)
- Network IDS/IPS (Zeek/Bro, Snort, Suricata, etc.)
- Host-level Security using technologies like auditd, osquery, Linux system logs, Windows event logs, antivirus, etc.
- Container Security
- Web Application Security
- Signature and alert creation using a SEIM or Log Aggregation tool such as Splunk or Elastic
- Scripting - We like Python but other languages like Golang are cool too
- Query languages - Splunk SPL, Lucene, SQL, Elk DSL
- Prior Security Operations Experience in a diverse environment
- Experience with formal security models like MITRE ATT&CK or CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Experience working with cross-functional engineering and operations teams