The Box Desktop & Mobile Engineering teams build solutions that enable users to discover, view, edit, and collaborate on all of their content from the convenience of their local computer or mobile device.
Box is seeking a talented, highly-motivated Senior Engineer to help partner with the Build & Release team for our Desktop & Mobile development team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining and improving the infrastructure and processes related to our build and release pipeline for our Desktop & Mobile products.
The senior engineer will design, architect, implement and maintain the underlying infrastructure and tools which power our continuous integration (CI) system, continuous delivery (CD) pipeline, and configuration management tools for Desktop and Mobile products. You will working closely with a passionate group of engineers who strive to build the most comprehensive, cross-platform, enterprise-class solution to sync, stream, and share content. You will understand the daily development processes and routines, and support the day-to-day development and deployment activities of the team.
- Own the release scripts for Desktop & Mobile products
- What the release scripts do:
- Interact with various APIs
- Interact with our CI system
- Own/Maintain our release dashboards and alerts
- Own/Maintain CI jobs
- Own/Maintain build systems
- Own/Maintain Mac and Windows build machines
- Own investigation and evaluation of build system bugs and enhancements
- Collaborate with other teams across Box to use the latest tools and standard methodologies
- Gather and evaluate metrics: success vs failure of builds & build performance (e.g., time to build)
- 5+ years of experience supporting Release Engineering, Configuration Engineering, or related
- Experience with both Mac and Windows build systems
- Drive the architecture, design and implementation of automated/continuous build, deploy, test and release process using integrated tools in the CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with continuous integration systems (ex. Travis, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience with source code control tools (ex. git, SVN)
- Coding skills in a scripting language (ex. Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining automated deployment/release pipelines
- Knowledge of improving the reliability of automated tests
- Excitement in solving complex problems in sophisticated, modern application development
- History of success in small, high-velocity teams
- Demonstrated ability to GSD (Get Stuff Done) - self-starter and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in bash scripting
- Knowledge of Puppet
- Experience with Visual Studio and XCode
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Individuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.