Principal API Architect, Platform Engineering Team
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the extensibility features of Box. This includes every integration—Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Slack, and many others—as well as all our Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Public Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). We are constantly stalking perfection to be even more performant, adaptable, and secure. You are the next leader that can accelerate us toward that ultimate goal, where we have extremely well-formed internal and external APIs that thoughtfully encapsulate domains and expose them for efficient use.
Do these sound familiar...
- 10+ years of experience
- You are used to crafting elegant and scalable microservices
- Data center and public cloud installations?
Are you fanatical about great code, and...
- You stay up at night trying the latest technologies?
- ...you dream of how you will be able to delete huge blocks of spaghetti code with more performant designs?
- ...you make to-do lists about how the next code you write will solve even bigger customer issues?
...then your next career success is awaiting you here at Box. All that is left is for you to come and proclaim, "Challenge Accepted!"
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners that express passion around continuous improvement for themselves and the team around them.
The employee is first at Box. The formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly demonstrates are our #1 asset—through a dynamic business environment filled with engaging colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we do great work.
Our group is a highly collaborative scrum team that directly impacts the experience of 80+ million users. As an Engineer here, you'll impact everything about the way we work, leading projects, making major technology decisions, mentoring team members, setting a high bar for excellence, and helping to maintain a supportive and positive team atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to own projects and drive architectural, technological, and even product decisions. Help us 10x Box to enhance every piece of Content in the world.
- You have a decade or more of experience as a software engineer
- You have designed and helped organizations design well-formed RESTful APIs for multiple domains for both internal and public consumption
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You know how to build for scale and performance
- You stay up-to-date on the latest large-scale security methodologies
- You have an academic background in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Created and/or edited SDKs
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub.
- Demonstrated security and performance prowess
Founded in 2005, Box is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Be on our team!
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at developer.box.com.
- See how sharing is caring at Box: Fork something at opensource.box.com.
- Get under the hood: Comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at tech.blog.box.com.
- Grab a free account and make your Content more valuable.