At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness. We believe in executing quickly. And, we are committed to doing the right thing for our customers and employees. We value team members who are life-long learners that express passion around continuous improvement for themselves and the team around them.
The employee is first at Box. The formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly demonstrates are our #1 asset—through a dynamic business environment filled with forward-thinking colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we 10x Box and reimagine the future of content.
This Director, Strategy & Operations in the Compliance organization, is functionally our Chief Compliance Officer's key leader on execution of his agenda. The Director is someone who will manage the compliance aspects of Box's business-side operations as we go through a unique and exciting stage of our growth.
- Manage the process of cascading and rolling up goals for the Compliance organization, from the being the lead in developing strategy to implement compliant processes to demonstrating alignment with company goals; mapping and cascading organizational goals to team goals, then, to personal goals.
- Project manage the compliance mandate to aspects of the company's unified strategic planning process, and help drive clarity and alignment through Box's different organizations.
- Facilitate and manage the process of identifying, prioritizing, chartering, communicating, and managing key company-level strategic projects.
Hard Skill Requirements
- Enough technical understanding of the technology to assess validity of push back, if any, to compliance requirements regarding our systems and software development
- Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong process orientation and mindset
- The ability to apply a linear, logical thinking style to break down and solve difficult problems, with experience in strategy consulting a plus
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across multiple functions
- Keen business judgement, with deep understanding of business operations at a SaaS company highly preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to identify value in an unstructured situation
People Skill Requirements
- The highest levels of integrity and an unwavering sense of what is best for the business
- Emotional intelligence, with flexible working styles and excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of the organization
- The ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Leadership and the ability to inspire others to achieve a common objective
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility with 5 years of management experience
- Bachelors degree