Box is continuing its investments in security. In order to support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Senior Security Analyst for our Downtown Austin Office.
Why the team needs you?
Box is scaling at a rapid pace. With innovation and speed come interesting security challenges. Our customers demand world-class security. We need your creativity and technical expertise to help us tackle these challenges.
Why Box needs you?
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Come help us continue to develop a forward-leaning security posture and an incredible team dedicated to detecting and responding to threats, keeping both Box and our customers safe.
Why you need Box?
Box presents a unique opportunity to be a part of building our global security team at massive scale. We have built a world-class group with some amazing talent and this is a unique opportunity to grow with us. We have the data, we have the corporate support and we're looking to grow. All we need is you!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering or IT related field or equivalent and 5+ years related experience.
- A pulse on the tools, tactics and procedures the bad guys are using today and what they'll be using tomorrow.
- Experience in four or more of the following:
- Splunk, Elastic
- Signature\Alerting Creation
- Cloud Security - we're a cloud company!
- Threat detection and hunting
- SIEM\Log Aggregation\Data Analytics
- System Security - MacOS\Linux\Windows
- Scripting - We like Python but other languages like Golang are cool too
- Tools of the trade including RegEx, YARA, Maltego, CRITS, MISP
- Query languages - Splunk SPL, Lucene, SQL, Elk DSL
- Prior Security Operations Experience
- Experience with formal security models like MITRE ATT&CK or CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or Security.
- Industry Recognized Security Certifications like CISSP, CEH, GCIA, GCIH.
- Experience with cloud deployments involving AWS, Docker, Hashicorp tools, Kubernetes and Serverless architectures like Lambda.
- Prior work experiences in DevOps, software engineering or sys admin roles.
- Data Visualization and Security Metrics.
- Machine learning experience.
- Prior open source contributions.