If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, like to leverage Open Source, tooling and automation and agile concepts, and are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated and talented Docker/Kubernetes engineers for our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) team.
Why the team needs you
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team owns Box's IaaS and PaaS environments, providing the key platforms for Box's customers. You will bring your expertise to a team passionate about automating and supporting production grade private-cloud PaaS infrastructure based on Kubernetes/Docker and their supporting tools to enable Box to service their customers. The CIE team has the additional responsibilities for building and maintaining our Openstack based Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) infrastructure along with our Linux base OS configuration.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services and need to build a monitoring platform to help guide our way. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the unique opportunity to build, improve, and support our PaaS platform. You will get to work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud including Docker and Kubernetes. You will have visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
Who you are
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You take an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Deep knowledge of core internet technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, NAT, SDN
- Proven production service troubleshooting skills that span applications, systems and network within a primarily Linux environment
- Solid understanding of infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or the like)
- You have experience building automations, preferably with Python and Go
- 6+ years of experience
Nice to have
- You have expertise in Kubernetes and Docker, ideally have experience working with SDN overlay networks (such as Calico)
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineer
The fine print
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You'll provide additional support for other cloud platforms (Openstack) and technologies (Linux Base OS).
- About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.