It's an amazing time to be working at Box, especially for product analytics. We are a big enough company to have the ability to execute large-scale deliverables. And just small enough that you can play an important role in that delivery. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that will change the way that people work. It's with that backdrop that we're hiring a data visualization specialist for our world-class business analytics team. In this role, you will work with Product Management,Engineering , and Product Analysts defining KPIs and building data visualizations that depict the performance of features and products and surface insights that can be used to continue to build products that delight Box customers and have a direct impact on Box's bottom line.
Why the team needs you
We have an exciting product roadmap and a product team focused on building and rolling out some of the most important products in the history of our company. This is not a conventional data visualization role - we want specialists who can build impactful visualizations using Tableau and Amplitude and can also define the digital taxonomy needed to depict user behavior and measure business goals. And, we don't just need the your analysis results; we also need your insight into how to serve our users better. We especially need an analyst who can step into the user's shoes at every part of their journey and see the product as they see it and translate that insight into actionable data stories.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is in an ideal position to help enterprises transform how people work together. As the pace of our growth accelerates, we need data visualization specialists who can help our product organization make data-driven decisions by democratizing the use of data.
Who you are
You're a data person through and through. You care deeply about how data can be used to materially make your customers' lives better. And you understand the business and the analytics/metrics that drive success. You bring that ethos to work every day, where you work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering team members to bring amazing products to market.
Here's the fine print:
- You've got at least two years under your belt in creating data visualizations where you've worked at a top-tier consumer or enterprise software company.
- You have significant experience with SQL (hive, Presto and Redshift preferred).
- You are a Tableau expert. And, if you have used Amplitude that is a big plus.
- You have familiarity with product analytics and digital taxonomy definition also a big plus. Examples of relevant experience include: funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, etc.
- Your business judgment is strong. You've got the ability to take ambiguous business problems and solve them in a structured way.
- You've proven yourself as a trusted business partner. You've got exceptional business and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience.
If you just read the above and got a chill down your spine because of how well it described you, then we definitely need to talk!