Box has set ambitious goals on its path to a billion dollars in revenue, which involves re-accelerating our revenue growth, delivering faster product innovation, and scaling our business operations. These things don't happen naturally; they take a concerted and coordinated effort across all Boxers to achieve.
We're looking for a collaborative and motivated Boxer to drive and improve the end-to-end business performance management process at Box. This person's mission is to manage the processes, tools, and programs that our CEO and executive staff use to ensure we achieve our company goals. This includes managing the goal setting process (leveraging OKRs, from executive to individual Boxer), the mechanisms we use to track performance against that goals (e.g. Quarterly Business Reviews), and providing visibility into the key programs that drive those results. You'll also collaborate with our Talent and Development team to ensure we're equipping all Boxers globally to set great goals and deliver real business results.
Reporting into the CEOs Chief of Staff, you will work closely with Executives across the business, their direct staff & operations teams, and the Internal Communications team to ensure the entire company is laser focused on achieving our company OKR. In this role you'll get widespread exposure to every function at Box, the opportunity to work with and learn from our most senior leaders, and the ability to impact Box as a whole.
If you are interested in this role, you should have demonstrable experience running successful programs, exerting influence with Boxers and executives outside of your team, leading change management efforts, and a proven track-record of hardcore GSD-ing. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment where you collaborate across various groups within the organization. You should have a passion for great process that actually reduces overhead and spurs innovation. Above all, we're looking for someone creative who doesn't accept impossible as an answer. You should think disruptively and not be afraid to question the status quo of how the business is run, challenging the thinking of even our most senior leaders.
- Run the quarterly goal setting (OKR) process for Box; Partner with Box's Execs & Operation leads to cascade and align the Company and Org-level OKRs down to individual OKRs
- Partner with the Talent and Development team to enable Boxers to set great goals and deliver business results. This includes OKR training sessions and delivering new tools to help Boxers "Get S**t Done"
- Manage the approach & process we use to measure progress against our business goals at the executive level. This involves partnering closely with Finance, Business Analytics, and other Ops teams on our existing mechanisms - weekly scorecards, leadership meetings, and QBRs - along with potential new mechanisms
- Provide a consolidated view into the critical projects that are driving Box's key results; provide consolidated reporting, create consistency across projects, and identify and escalate gaps / issues in achieving the company objectives
- Work closely with Internal Communications, Chiefs of Staff across the business, and direct operators in communicating business performance to our executive staff and Boxers through mechanisms like the quarterly All-hands
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5 - 8 years of professional experience either as a direct Operator or as part of a planning or operations function; Someone who is a structured thinker and Operator who can marry theory with practice
- Clear history of tackling unstructured problems, with heavy human elements, and navigating obstacles to 'Get S**t Done'
- Strong business acumen, analytical ability and outstanding communications skills
- Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications; at both the Executive and IC level
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment