At Box, our mission is to power how the world works together. We do this by delivering the Cloud Content Management solution that helps customers transform their enterprise into a truly digital workplace - all while ensuring they're leveraging enterprise-grade security to protect their most sensitive content. Driving this digital transformation are roughly 2,000 Boxers spread across four continents around the world. Aligning, motivating, and mobilizing this global team to power how the world works together doesn't happen naturally - it takes thoughtful communication across various channels to ensure every Boxer has the information they need to be successful and help Box achieve its ambitious goals.
Box is looking for a Global Head of Internal Communications to partner with the CEO, Chief of Staff, and Executive Team to craft and execute a communications strategy that empowers every Boxer to do their best work. This includes introducing and reinforcing Box's strategy and priorities, sharing business results and lessons learned, reinforcing Box's epic culture, and facilitating mechanisms for Boxers to provide feedback and ideas back to management. You will lead a small team that runs, iterates, and evolves our existing internal communications programs such as our quarterly global all-hands meetings, weekly Friday lunch talks, regular leadership team meetings, and various company and executive communications.
If you’re interested in this role, you should have experience working with executives to develop a narrative and comms strategy. You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment where you collaborate across various groups within the organization. You should have a passion for storytelling, like to write and edit content, and have a strong point of view for what Boxers need to know to GSD (Get s**t done). Above all, we're looking for someone creative, with a can-do attitude and a sense of fun. You should think disruptively and not be afraid to question the status quo of internal comms. And you should bring a passion for how technology is changing the way we work.
- Manage the internal comms team
- Partner with Box's Execs, including its CEO and COO, to simplify and articulate our company narrative
- Develop and deliver a quarterly internal communication plan with budget, narrative and programs aimed at supporting Box's strategy, objectives, and culture
- Plan and deliver unique communication methods and employee experiences that inform, engage, and inspire Boxers across the globe (e.g., all-hands, Friday lunch talks, intranet, videos, etc.)
- Write, edit, and review a wide variety of internal communications for both proactive and reactive messaging, including org updates, key initiatives, and industry and world news
- Play a central role in coordinating team efforts across other communicators (i.e. External Comms/PR, Marketing, Brand, IT, People, Strategic Planning, etc.) to ensure all messages are consistent and aligned with our overall Boxer communication strategy
- Measure and present results of internal comms efforts to prove effectiveness
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience in Internal Comms, External Comms, Copywriting, or Product Marketing in technology (B2B a plus)
- Experience with and a deep passion for people management and relationship building
- Exceptional storytelling, writing, and editing skills - you should have an opinion on serial commas
- Excellent understanding of internal communications channels, content development, and metrics
- Strong business acumen and a keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications
- Experience developing and executing social programs in collaboration with executives and senior leaders/subject matter experts
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills