Box Platform's Elements and Software Development Kit (SDKs) Team delivers the primary products of Box Platform—SDKs and UI widgets that allow our customers to develop on Box Platform to add integrated rich content browsing and display to their own websites and mobile experiences. Are you a savvy engineering leader and manager that can help our team take the Box Developer Experience to the next level? We need someone who has mastered Agile principles and is the right blend of people- and tech- focus. The work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 80K+ customers.
Ready to help us reimagine the future of content?
You are perfect for Box if...
You are an experienced engineer, leader, and manager, who can lead our team and partner with other development teams to deliver new and innovative features with high quality and great predictability. You propose solutions to challenges you see. You roll up your sleeves and get hands-on when appropriate while also being one of the best coach's an employee could have. You will lead the tech decisions and the developers on our Elements and SDK team to work in a way that is more efficient, effective, and higher quality.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years engineering leadership experience
- You are seasoned in coaching individuals through career, professional development, and skills development
- You have experience working on world-class SDKs that empower developers
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, whether writing an email, explaining technical details to a colleague, or presenting to a room full of engineers
- You have a passion for continuous integration / continuous deployment and creating a rhythm on your teams for shipping your work
- You know the art of scaling tech over having to scale people
- You have experience with Agile, especially around running highly effective scrum teams and focusing on building the right level of burndowns and velocity charts to generate greater predictability
- You are a great partner to other Product and Development teams and identify the best strategies for delivering cross-team features with testing and performance measurements
- You have an excellent attention to detail, are highly adaptable, and can quickly learn new technologies
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners that express passion around continuous improvement for themselves and the team around them.
The employee is first at Box. The formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly demonstrates are our #1 asset—through a dynamic business environment filled with smart colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we do great work.
Help us 10x Box to enhance everyone's content.
Founded in 2005, Box is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn our deep dark secrets...
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at developer.box.com
- See how sharing is caring at Box: Fork something at opensource.box.com
- Get under the hood: Comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at tech.blog.box.com
- Grab a free account and make your Content more valuable: Hit us up at box.com