The Platform Infrastructure team builds and runs software and services that provide leverage for our entire Engineering team.
By abstracting away the low-level details of working with infrastructure, we allow the rest of Engineering to focus on delivering great experiences to Box's customers. Our systems are currently in the midst of transitioning from statically-defined models to dynamic and ephemeral ones, bringing new challenges that require new approaches and ways of reasoning how we manage infrastructure. This shift requires us to develop novel approaches in order to tackle many looming challenges. Come help us solve them for Box!
Why the team needs you
The team is a diverse group of engineers who have a mix of a software development background along with experience running systems in production. As we move towards a service oriented architecture, it is imperative that we operationalize services by developing software that help engineers use Box's infrastructure easily and repeatedly. We will look to you to drive the design and implementation of hybrid-private/public cloud automation solutions at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is uniquely positioned to change the world by helping enterprises transform how people work together. Box needs you to help build and support our cloud platform!
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and design our private and multi-public cloud provider solution with the highest level of security that any company has to deal with. As you drive and scale our infrastructure migration to the cloud, you will work with cutting-edge technologies. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and have impact directly on the entire business.
Who you are
- Passionate about designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Have 3+ years of experience in software development and production operations
- Comfortable logging in to troubleshoot linux machines within complex distributed systems
- Believe that Infrastructure as Code is the right way to manage production systems
- Have systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Nice to have:
- Experience building RESTful services
- Deep understanding of micro services concepts
- Have experience with a variety of Public and Private Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes) and are familiar with the industry landscape and trends
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit .