The Platform Infrastructure team builds and runs software and services that provide leverage for our entire Engineering team.
By abstracting away the low-level details of working with infrastructure, we allow the rest of Engineering to focus on delivering great experiences to Box's customers. Our systems are currently in the midst of transitioning from statically-defined models to dynamic and ephemeral ones, bringing new challenges that require new approaches and ways of reasoning how we manage infrastructure. This shift requires us to develop novel approaches in order to tackle many looming challenges. Come help us solve them for Box!
Why the team needs you
The team is a diverse group of engineers who have a mix of a software development background along with experience running systems in production. As we move towards a service oriented architecture, it is imperative that we operationalize services by developing software that help engineers use Box's infrastructure easily and repeatedly. We will look to you to drive the design and implementation of hybrid-private/public cloud automation solutions at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is uniquely positioned to change the world by helping enterprises transform how people work together. Box needs you to help build and support our cloud platform!
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and design our private and multi-public cloud provider solution with the highest level of security that any company has to deal with. As you drive and scale our infrastructure migration to the cloud, you will work with cutting-edge technologies including Kubernetes, SmartStack, and all major cloud providers. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and have impact directly on the entire business.
Who you are
- Have 8+ years of experience in software development and production operations
- Have experience with Public and Private Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Kubernetes) and are familiar with the industry landscape and trends
- Experience using SDKs from one or more of the Public Clouds
- Strong in Python and scripting abilities (shell)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containerization of your applications
- Practice Test Driven Development
- Believe that Infrastructure as Code is the right way to manage production systems
- Comfortable logging into troubleshoot linux machines within complex distributed systems
- Have AGILE, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive to lead teams
Nice to have:
- Experience using Django Web Framework
- AWS experience
- Have terraform & cloud formation experience
- Passionate about designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Experience building Public Cloud PCI and SOC compliance automation
- Experience building RESTful services
- Deep understanding of micro services concepts