What is Box?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
About the Team
Content Storage Gateway builds and operates the systems for storing and retrieving content. It's a collection of services that expose internal and external APIs to manage and store all content bytes from all 40 million Box users. The platform comprises a set of highly scalable, high-availability distributed services that run both in our data centers and in the public cloud in multiple geographical regions serving a worldwide customer base. The APIs take traffic from millions of customers, transferring petabytes of data in billions of files. APIs are consumed by the Box UI, its mobile and desktop clients, custom applications that other companies use to manage their business processes, and third-party applications.
We are building the next generation of our services:
- To accelerate streaming of files for better performance and a better user experience
- To provide availability of four nines
- To scale to exabytes
- To evolve our services to microservices architecture and sever all dependencies to our legacy monolith.
- To re-architect our services to be reactive in order to improve throughput and to make more efficient use of hardware and support our high organic growth
What You Will Do
- Conceptualize and evangelize new technologies that allow the platform to achieve the vision listed above
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership to develop strategies for evolving the platform to its next generation
- Collaborate with Product Management to help refine requirements and break down complex projects into meaningful shippable units and lead the effort
- Deliver product features to the business
- Improve the current code base and infrastructure
- Model best practices in crafting systems and code with sound architectures, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Measure, optimize and help build the industry’s fastest and most reliable file transfer technology
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
What We're Looking For
- Expert in data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure
- Strong coder with demonstrated proficiency in languages like Java, Scala or C++
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems
- Experience working in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
- Experience in leading complex projects that spans multiple platforms and teams
- Good understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP and HTTP protocol
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Additional Skills (Nice to have)
- Experience in developing microservices
- JVM debugging
- Experience in building high throughput systems
- Exposure to Cloud Storage
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our