Box is looking for a NOC Engineer to join our team and support an industry-leading platform. It is the responsibility of the NOC to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and quality of the Box platform. The NOC is the frontline of defense in making sure our customers like GE, Pandora, AstraZeneca and Gap have a seamless experience when accessing their content on Box.
Above all, the NOC Team's mission is to "Protect the Customer Experience -- Always." Some of the challenges you will face on a daily basis are:
- Supporting key production facing services and maintaining a world class customer experience.
- Understanding the key components of Box products and how common user transactions flow.
- Understanding the nature of any problems affecting the customer experience in order to identify and advocate for the “best” solution.
Why the team needs you
We are the authority on the Box customer experience and we need you to help us drive awareness and resolution for all customer impacting incidents. We're looking for someone to bring a fresh approach to problems of all sizes and shapes. Calling out problems is great. Crafting solutions to fix those problems is even better. We need you to help build a world-class NOC.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together.
Technical Operations is implementing a lot of complex strategy to support the backbone of our product and infrastructure, especially as we continue to scale. The NOC is responsible for making this implementation seamless to our customers. We are building a world class NOC and need the best talent possible to get us there. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
Working in the NOC is a unique opportunity to learn and experience new and emerging technologies including public clouds, private clouds and micro-services. There are hundreds of services that power Box product and infrastructure, the ability to learn them will set you up for success both in the NOC and in your next role. Engineers in this position have room to grow and specialize within the NOC team, and within Box Engineering as a whole. Some NOC Engineers have gone on to become Database Engineers, Storage Engineers and SREs.
Who you are
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Systems Administration or Technical Operations
- You have hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting Linux/UNIX servers in a production environment.
- You have experience with Python, Perl or similar.
- You are team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are analytical, organized, know how to make a plan and execute it.
- You are calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage.
- You enjoy and excel at learning new skills and technologies.
- Bonus points if you have experience with incident response, have worked with Cloud tech and have an active GitHub profile.
Here's the fine print
- Position operates in a shift model, 4 days a week, 10 hours a day and is subject to change.