Boxed Market (formerly MaxDelivery) is the most reliable on-demand, grocery delivery service. You can select from a wide variety of fresh produce, meat, seafood, packaged foods, beer, liquor, wine, and household goods. Our unique vertically integrated operations, allows us to deliver your order within minutes, and always on-time. We are headquartered in New York and now expanding quickly.
The General Manager is charged with efficiently running the Manhattan warehouse and delivery operations and ensuring top levels of customer satisfaction. The position has primary responsibility for order satisfaction for our customers, including delivery accuracy, timeliness, and friendly interactions. The position is responsible for keeping a diverse team focused on over-delivering to customers at all times in a very fast paced and hectic environment. The General Manager is also responsible for all hiring and disciplinary processes for the staff in the warehouse. Finally, the position entails setup and negotiation of purchasing with our vendors to satisfy customer demand for increased product selection.
- Manage Delivery, Warehouse and Customer Service Associates, focusing teams constantly on customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute plans to efficiently operate the store at the premium service level necessary, despite high levels of ongoing growth.
- Review key performance metrics weekly with the VP of Operations and make necessary adjustment to continue providing top service levels to our clients. Ensure that new goals are met and communicate back to management.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations in the store, including during the busy evening hours. Delegate responsibilities as appropriate to Supervisors, following up as necessary to ensure adequate task completion.
- Keep a constant focus on the customer and do whatever is possible to make the Boxed Market experience as satisfying as possible for our customers.
- Conduct effective store meetings to disseminate key information about the company and get feedback from the staff.
- Mentor and grow associates in the staff for future management positions, where appropriate.
- Hire and train new associates as needed to meet the demands of the growing business.
- Build and sustain a positive, upbeat work environment.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules, standards and licenses.
- Setup and run new products and/or product lines to be carried by Boxed Market, including all planning necessary for such expansions.
- Setup and run new sales and promotions for the business, including conducting tracking to determine effectiveness of such promotions.
- Help maintain store equipment and fixtures in good working order; ensure proper use of all store equipment by the staff.
- 10+ years of retail/grocery/service industry-based experience... 5+ must be in a management role.
- Ability to work a flexible, minimum 50 hour/week schedule, including some weekends and holidays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to perform multiple roles as needed to ensure that necessary work is done.
- Strong decision making, critical thinking and analytical abilities a must.
- Strong operational and retail execution skills including a detailed knowledge of buying, pricing, merchandising, inventory management. Delivery experience a plus, but not necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off.
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- All surfaces sanitized throughout shift. All Boxed Market applicants are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 upon onboarding.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- 318 W 39th St, New York, NY 10018 - Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required).