Boxed is the better way to shop for bulk pantry items and household goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
‘Boxed for Business’ consists of Small-to-Medium (SMB), Enterprise, and Commercial businesses. This year we embarked on an ambitious transformation journey with a core focus on accelerating B2B Platform growth and unlocking greater spend penetration within pantry consumables. This high-impact role will work with customers, prospects, partners, and other senior leaders within the business and the industry.
As the VP of B2B, you will report to the President of the eCommerce business and have a unique opportunity to collaborate with C-suite executives and colleagues across the company to accelerate B2B’s ambitious growth goals. You will be responsible for owning the B2B P&L, setting and scaling B2B’s expansion strategy, growing the Sales and Business Development team, and leading cross-functional roadmaps with stakeholders from Marketing, Merchandising, Technology, Finance & Accounting and Legal.
- Own the B2B P&L – Must be able to collaborate with Finance to manage and forecast ongoing business performance
- Own end-to-end business development for all B2B segments
- Create acquisition strategies across SMB, Enterprise and Commercial to accelerate growth in key industry verticals
- Work closely with Marketing on demand generation at scale while leading the sales & BD team to source new Enterprise and Commercial opportunities
- Lead all aspects of business development – Pipeline development, customer prospecting, pitching & selling, deal negotiation, RFP responses, contracting, etc
- Recruit, train, and develop the sales & BD team to achieve their revenue goals
- Establish key KPIs throughout the sales & BD cycle and the appropriate compensation model for the sales team
- Identify gaps in current sales tools and processes – Optimize the sales cycles – before, during, and after – and find ways to enable the team to focus on new revenue generation
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, by leveraging competitive insights, customer needs and market knowledge, to develop and lead a roadmap of enhancements that will maximize our value exchange with the customers
- Acquisition / demand generation
- Retention marketing & loyalty
- B2B assortment expansion
- User experience improvements
- Platform solutions and features
- Fulfillment operations
- Customer success enablement
- Produce and present regular business updates to senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- 12+ years of B2B business development and partnership experience
- Experience in eCommerce and/or consumer goods strongly preferred
- Strong Professional Services, Education, Healthcare, and Hospitality contacts in rolodex
- Ability to lead and close complex deals and negotiations
- Sharp commercial acumen and established track record of developing winning relationships, product, and business strategies
- Demonstrated experience in leading and building high performing teams
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit & thrives in a fast-paced environment; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done and no job is too small
- A rigorous and data-centric leader with strong thought leadership; ability to drive insight-based decision making
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with familiarity presenting to senior executive audiences
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills. This is highly visible with significant interaction with employees at all levels, so the ability to influence others is key.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive Base Salary = $225,000 to $250,000 per year
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
- Pet-friendly office.