At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics and machine learning. Retailers and companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, and Personalization. Being part of Boxed’s Engineering team means you’ll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies and we’re excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge and know how to think outside the box!
We are looking for talented Software Engineers to join our back-end Catalog Services team, whose focus is enhancing our product offerings & presentation, our search capabilities, our various personalization features driven by machine learning and real-time experimentation, and our internal tooling. As part of this team, our engineers are expected to ensure that all services are built to be efficient, reliable, scalable and reusable.
- Develop, test, and deploy APIs & event driven processes supporting our eCommerce platform using Node.js & Typescript onto Google Cloud Platform
- Think big and boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce and SaaS platform
- Design and implement solutions that provide immediate and long-lasting value to our customers, partners, and employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, and scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation and thorough automated tests to ensure code stability and to reduce maintenance
- Review your peers’ code to both teach and learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Ship code that directly impacts our customers' experience
- Take responsibility and diagnose production issues.
- Proven results and products from 3+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Bootcamp and professional experience
- Experience writing production code in backend applications using Node.js
- Strong Database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills – you should be able to communicate your work through many mediums including stand ups, documentation, presentations, etc.
- Experience with Typescript, Golang, or Python
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with technologies such as Redis, Memcached, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform experience with CI/CD infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive Base Salary = $120,000 to $140,000 per year
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.