Engineering at Boxed!
At Boxed, our Engineering team builds the technology powering our world-class e-commerce platform & SaaS products, spanning everything from Catalog to Orders & Fulfillment. Being part of Boxed’s Engineering team means you’ll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product and program managers, designers, and data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies and we’re excited to welcome engineers who are ready for the challenge and know how to think outside the box!
About the Role...
We are looking for talented Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our Backend Services team. The team’s primary mission is to build value into the overall e-commerce platform with a focus on enhancing our storefront websites and apps through well designed and documented APIs and/or Backend Services. The team is also responsible for creating and maintaining various integrations with internal and external systems. As part of this team, we expect our software engineers to ensure that all services are built to be performant, reliable, scalable and reusable.
As part of this effort, we are looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers to join our team. The ideal individuals will have a solid understanding of Node.js and Typescript and practical experience developing backend services in a large-scale, distributed, cloud-based environment.
Please note that we are seeking experienced Software Engineers with at least 4 years of professional experience.
Where you'll be...
- Our engineering team is fully remote, enabling our team to find a situation that works best for them!
- If you prefer an office to home, no problem! We have an office in New York. Many team members choose to go into the office with a hybrid working model.
- Working hours? We operate within the US time zones for collaboration and meetings and ask that all employees be working during those times.
What you’ll do...
- Develop, test, and deploy APIs & event-driven processes using Node.js & Typescript onto Google Cloud Platform
- Think big and boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce platform
- Design and implement solutions that provide immediate and long-lasting value to our customers, partners, and employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, and scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation and thorough automated tests to ensure code stability and to reduce maintenance burden
- Review your peers’ code to both teach and learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Take responsibility and diagnose production incidents, from triage to post-mortem
- Help lead projects from discovery to UAT
Who you are...
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- You are constantly learning and adapt quickly
- You sport strong communication skills – it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, and intra-team workshops
- You have experience teaching or mentoring in any capacity
- You dig into production issues for breakfast
- You can thrive in a fully remote organization
What you know...
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant work experience
- You have demonstrated results and products from 4+ years of relevant experience, including leading projects
- You have shipped backend applications using NodeJS
- You have strong database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, SQL)
- You know what we mean when we say, “event-driven communication”
Nice to haves...
- Distributed Systems (eg. Micro-services, Event-Driven Architecture)
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Cloud infrastructure and containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive Base Salary = $160,000 to $200,000 per year
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.