All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your potential with Prince & Spring!
Boxed is looking for an innovative packaging designer to join our award-winning private brand team, Prince & Spring. The packaging designer will be responsible for managing the package design for the full collection from concepting to finalizing designs for print, reviewing, and proofing. If you thrive at a fast-pace and are always looking for ways to improve and redefine best-in-class, then this is for you!
- Collaborate with Creative Director and product developer for all new product launches or existing updates from conception to final production.
- Lead refinement of brand’s established design system.
- Present package design concepts to the team by creating digital mockups and hand comping the physical mockups.
- Maintain a status report of all projects on a weekly basis to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adhere to required schedules during design development and production phases of projects.
- Partner cross functionally with internal teams including legal, quality assurance, and marketing.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and printers through regular and clear communication.
- Oversee all aspects of execution from preparing all artwork for release to proofing.
- Maintain the file organization and library of designs, resources and materials on our shared Google Drive.
- Help execute marketing assets associated with Prince & Spring.
- BFA preferred
- Minimum 4 years CPG package design experience with an emphasis on food
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, dieline creation, and print production
- Ability to draw and stylize illustrations and fine art
- Excellent eye for color with a sense of both current and developing trends in print/pattern, art, and packaging
- Experience with materials, printing technologies, and substrates a necessity
- Independent worker with a positive attitude
- Organized with an extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously with efficiency
- Must be able to communicate conceptual and technically through comps or 3-D rendering
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!
***This is NOT a remote position, only candidates local to New York City will be considered***