Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of it’s kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
We are looking for a driven and experienced appraiser to join our quickly growing Valuation team as an Associate Vice President. At Bowery, Associate Vice Presidents experienced, licensed, and adaptable appraisers who possess a deep subject matter expertise in one or more asset types or geographies. Associate Vice Presidents leverage their experience and expertise as a resource for Bowery’s Valuation team at large.
Who You Are
A successful Associate Vice President will independently produce high-quality appraisals that are consistently error-free and delivered early. They will utilize their subject matter expertise as a source of knowledge for their Pod’s junior resources, and they pride themselves on delivering outstanding client service at all times.
Outline & Responsibilities
On a day to day basis, you will be focused on completing appraisals with your team, managing client communication, collecting and confirming market data, and supporting leadership initiatives. Additional responsibilities for a Associate Vice President include:
- Independently producing high quality and error free appraisal reports
- Specializing in a particular asset type or geography, and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Consistently delivering industry leading client service
- Representing the Valuation team while supporting cross-functional company initiatives
- Assisting with Business Development initiatives and maintaining industry wide relationships
- Keeping abreast of macro and micro industry trends within the commercial real estate space
- Inspecting properties of all asset types
- Working directly with our in house development team to continue to improve our technology
- Providing feedback on Application use and improvements
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 6+ years of appraisal experience
- A minimum of 3 year of independently producing appraisal reports for review
- State licensure is required
- MAI licensure preferred
- Advanced market knowledge of multiple asset types
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related area.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you can play a critical role in the on-going growth of a ground-breaking, real estate technology transaction platform
- Strong analytical abilities & customer service focus
- A self-starter mentality and experience taking ownership of projects with limited direction
- Ability to thrive in a low-ego, highly-collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, as well as the ability to execute on multiple projects with overlapping timelines
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.