Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of it’s kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
Bowery is looking for an ambitious Product Designer to join our tight-knit, cross-functional team. As Product Designer, your role is to distill complex problems in a new and ambiguous space, build a deep understanding of our users, and actively collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to deliver thoughtful experiences through a highly iterative process.
- Identify new opportunities and build upon our existing user research practices
- Participate in regular usability tests and deliver compelling insights that inform our product
- Advocate for design thinking and inspire what's possible by participating in design workshop sessions and bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Rapidly execute on high-quality mockups, user journeys, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Effectively communicate design concepts and rationale to the larger team
- Actively provide and invite constructive feedback to and from fellow designers and pod members
- 1-3 years of relevant design experience at a product-driven company
- An online portfolio with case studies highlighting; SaaS or enterprise software design, user research and testing, and strategic thinking
- A self-starter mentality and experience taking ownership of projects with limited direction
- Ability to thrive in a low-ego, highly-collaborative work environment
- Passion for designing intuitive user experiences, along with a solid understanding of user-centered design principles and research methods
- Ability to create user-flows, wireframes, and hi-fi prototypes using Figma, Principle, or other similar design tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to execute on multiple projects with overlapping timelines
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.