Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of it’s kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
Who You Are
We are looking for a driven and organized appraiser to join our quickly growing Valuation team as a Senior Associate! A successful Senior Associate will have a strong dedication to meeting team goals by completing their reports in a timely fashion and participating in efficiency projects. They’ll enthusiastically support the Associates on their pod by answering questions and assisting in educating them on appraisal best practices at Bowery. They’ll work with their Pod Lead and actively reach out to learn from AVPs on the team. They will apply a careful attention to detail to their reports, and follow our Bowery standards for client communications.
Outline & Responsibilities
On a day to day basis, you will be focused on completing appraisals with your team, managing client communication, collecting and confirming market data, and supporting leadership initiatives. Additional responsibilities for a Senior Associate include:
- Independently producing appraisal reports from start to finish across multiple types of commercial real estate assets
- Researching and understanding macro and micro trends within the commercial real estate industry
- Inspecting properties of all asset types
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the real estate industry with brokers, lenders and other market participants
- Working directly with our in house development team to continue to improve our technology
- Consistently delivering the best customer experience in the industry
- Assisting with the onboarding, training and development of incoming Associate classes
- Providing feedback on Application use and improvements
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 3+ years of appraisal experience
- A minimum of 1 year of independently producing appraisal reports for review
- Must have or be actively pursuing state licensure
- Intermediate market knowledge of multiple asset types
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related area preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you can play a critical role in the on-going growth of a ground-breaking, real estate technology transaction platform
- Strong analytical abilities & customer service focus
- A self-starter mentality and experience taking ownership of projects with limited direction
- Ability to thrive in a low-ego, highly-collaborative work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills, as well as the ability to execute on multiple projects with overlapping timelines
Bowery is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on building a diverse community within an inclusive company culture. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.