Who We Are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of it’s kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by proprietary technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space. Inside Bowery, we’re a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and team first attitude. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
Bowery Valuation is looking for a charismatic and hard-working recruiter to join our team owning the valuation recruitment process. You'll be responsible for sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, managing candidate relationships, and interview process for our appraiser, sales, and operational candidates. You'll be joining a quickly expanding team with lots of room for future growth. The ideal candidate for this job is someone who truly cares about matching great people to inspiring work, seeing how to connect the dots, and being a deeply organized and strategic focused recruiter. You'll be given a lot of trust and freedom to manage your pipelines for jobs that you'll be responsible for. This opportunity is perfect for someone who brings a positive attitude to their work, is comfortable with a high degree of independence and accountability, and is excited by hard work and responsibility.
- Gain a deep understanding of how the day to day work of appraisal team relates to candidate profile
- Keep Greenhouse well organized and the pipeline of candidates flowing smoothly through the interview process
- Lead and implement the recruiting process improvements incrementally
- Source, identify and interview high potential candidates
- Develop and maintain an ongoing pool of candidates through strategic sourcing and research
- Build relationships with pipeline organizations and target universities for talent
- Participate in industry conferences and events
- Provide guidance and insight to management to help attract, retain and develop top talent
- Coordinate with vendors to assist with open positions as needed
- Effectively partners with hiring managers to create seamless process, best practices and ways to track outcomes.
- Work with Director of People to systematize, track and report on the team's outcomes related to recruitment & success in roles filled over time.
- 2 years of experience doing high-volume recruitment, preferably in valuation or real estate space
- A process driven approach and emphasis on identifying exceptional individuals
- Exceptional client service skills
- Relationship management ability and experience is critical
- Some experience with Greenhouse applicant tracking system preferred
- Ability to work on multiple detailed projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Perks & Benefits
- Stock options
- Medical and dental employer supported coverage
- Access to additional group rate insurance options including Pet, Life, STD, LTD, and Accident
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Company events
- And more!
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.