Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of it's kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our engineering, design, and product teams to continuously add new features and functionality to our revolutionary platform. We are also the first ever venture capital backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $27MM in the past 2+ years. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
Inside Bowery, we're a people forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. It's built into our core values to pursue a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and grit! If you're looking for a company where you'll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, and inspired to put in that extra effort because you love your team, then Bowery's the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations and giving continuous feedback so we all get better together.
- Build features, fix bugs and tackle tech debt as part of an engineering team
- Contribute to and sometimes lead agile ceremonies
- Support our internal usersWrite technical documentation
- Write automated tests
- Contribute to high level architecture and design
- Mentor other engineers
- Contribute to process analysis and improvement
- Experience writing web applications
- Outstanding personal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of OO
- Experience with NoSql databases
- Excellent software design skills
- Experience using JIRA and Git on medium or large teams
- TDD experience
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Development
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Access to long term disability coverage, accident insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits & more!
- Annual New Experience perk ($500)