Who is Boulevard?
Boulevard provides the first and only client experience platform for appointment-based, self-care businesses. We empower our customers to give their clients more of the magical moments that matter most.
Before launching in 2016, our founders spent months interviewing salon managers and working behind front desks to understand their pain points so we could design a modern, user-friendly platform that meets the unique needs of their business. Our roots may be in hair salons, but we are built for the broader self-care industry, including many types of salons, spas, MedSpas, barbershops, and more. Our technology not only helps our customers survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication, and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Come Do The Best Work Of Your Life At Boulevard.
As a Front-end Architect at Boulevard, you’ll sit at the intersection of Design, Product, and Engineering as we build a beautiful and intuitive interface to power the self-care booking industry. You’ll utilize your expert knowledge of client application development and customer empathy while aiming to further elevate our web and mobile-based applications by delivering an unrivaled cross-platform user experience.
You will be responsible for steering the architecture of our client applications. You will be a key member of the architecture guild and help shape the technical roadmap and standards. You will work both independently and collaboratively to bring new ideas and make critical contributions that empower teams to maximize impact through mentorship, technology, and execution. This role partners closely with Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to anticipate business needs and objectives and define the go-forward technical strategy for front end development. You will work closely with Designers and Front-end Engineers to execute on solutions that support this strategy. You will collaborate closely with engineers to ensure we evolve with security, reliability, and scalability at the top of mind.
Our web-based dashboard is a combination of legacy Angular.js components and newer React components. Our mobile apps are built on React Native with some platform-specific components as well as payment hardware integrations. This results in an inconsistent user experience and inefficient, slow development iterations/high cost to maintain. We have begun an initiative to standardize a Design System and have a larger goal to consolidate and standardize both the customer experience and developer experience cross-platform. As a Frontend Architect, your primary objective will be to define and support the execution of a strategy that achieves these goals in a scalable, maintainable, and efficient manner.
What You'll Do Here:
- Partner closely with Design, Product, and Engineering leadership to anticipate business needs and objectives and define a technology roadmap that enables said objectives.
- Advance the vision and implementation of our client application development through the selection of best-in-class tools, identifying opportunities for cross-platform code-sharing, component-based development guidelines, and testing strategies.
- Champion a full migration to React, including defining a plan for how to achieve this goal iteratively while we continue to deliver on roadmap initiatives.
- Continually refine and participate in establishing best practices for front-end development, including code reviews, testing, and continuous integration/delivery.
- Collaborate with the product design team to iterate on the Boulevard design system and ensure that it is consistently applied across all products.
- Ensure the performance, accessibility, and security of the front-end codebase.
- Work closely cross-functionally and cross-team to execute on solutions that implement go-forward Front-end strategy.
- Lead front-end architecture initiatives at a weekly Architecture Guild to ensure we’re evolving with security, reliability, and scalability.
- Support Engineering on-call rotation for critical alerts and incident handling/response.
What You'll Need To Thrive:
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in the design and development of complex mobile and web applications.
- Experience: Track record of building with React or React Native.
- Experience: Experience eliminating complex areas of tech debt while balancing incremental product roadmap delivery.
- Mentorship: Expertise in mentorship practices that develop engineers’ technical, collaboration, and leadership skills, with a track record of coaching and supporting others in their growth.
- Opinionated: Have a strong opinionated voice on best practices, processes, and the tools necessary to deliver outcomes efficiently and with high quality.
- Forward Thinker: Demonstrated ability to set strategy for evolving systems to best support near-term outcomes while working towards longer-term objectives.
- Strong Communicator: Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across both technical and non-technical teams.
- Collaborative: Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders, achieve measurable results, and convey those results to other managers and C-suite executives.
- Architecture Knowledge: Experience building and evolving front end platforms securely, reliably, and at scale.
- Analytical: Impressive problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and business acumen within the SaaS industry.
- Pride in the work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services.
- Data Driven: The ability to pull on key data points to drive decision-making.
How We'll Take Care Of You:
Your starting total cash compensation for this role is between $215,000.00 - $300,000.00, depending on your current skills, experience, training, and overall market demands. This total compensation range is subject to change, and there is always room for growth and advancement.
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
✨ We’ve got you covered with a 401(k) match plus dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
🏝 Take a break whenever you need with our flexible vacation day policy.
🖥 Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work. You’ll receive a work from home stipend every month.
💚 Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
🔮 Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
💅 Boulevard Bucks Learning and Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
📲 We recommend following our official LinkedIn page to stay up to date on all things Boulevard life!
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.