The Data Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will work on testing data transformations and data that is ingested into Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) from various domains such as Marketing, HR and Finance.
Along with data testing in the EDW, the Data QA Engineer will work on developing automation to test large volumes of data from different sources. The Data QA Engineer Data will be responsible for test strategies, test case creation, test execution, bug tracking and ensuring adherence with compliance requirements.
The Data QA Engineer will get to work on best-in-class cloud technologies (Snowflake, Fivetran, AWS, Azure,Salesforce, Airflow etc) and make decisions on the automated testing tooling.
Essential Job Functions:
- Data transformation testing of both ETL and ELT forms
- Data testing in EDW
- Data pipeline performance testing
- Understanding technical design and creating test strategies and test cases
- Creating reusable test automation through the use of tools and scripts
- Creating a reporting system for test results
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data testing and data test automation
- Expert level knowledge in writing complex SQLs
- Expert understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle processes and agile development
- Expert understanding of test execution, evidence collection and bug tracking – have previously used tools such as ALM, Jira or similar
- Good experience in Python, Java or other programming languages
- Good familiarity with testing tools such as Tricentis Tosca and other open-source data testing tools
- Outstanding communication skills and strong team player
- Strong written communication skills
- Understanding of cloud technologies in AWS or Azure
- Experience in a SaaS environment – Snowflake, Fivetran, Lambda, Airflow, Open-Source Tools
- Good familiarity BI Tools – Power BI, Tableau.
- Good familiarity DevOps tools – Github, Jenkins, Atlassian Tools, VS Code etc.
- Unix knowledge
- Prior experience of using Marketing Automation Technologies such as Marketo and Pardot
- Prior experience of using CRM Technologies such as Salesforce
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics or a related field