Position Title: Senior Production Support Engineer, Banking Solutions
Bottomline Technologies Digital Banking and Business Solutions division serves a variety of top-tier banks and financial institutions. BT provides these institutions with web-based software for online banking, payments management, cash management, treasury, and accounts payable automation. We partner with our Customers to help them meet their business objectives.
The Payments and Cash Management Segment is looking for a well-rounded senior production support engineer to troubleshoot complex customer production problems in a variety of environments. This position will directly support a strategic BT partner and work onsite at the Bank. Candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills and excel at problem solving. Individual will work with various internal and external technical and business organizations. This position will entail learning to support multiple applications across many system configurations, and it requires the ability to work on “after-hours” high-severity issues when they arise. This role is Customer facing and requires excellent communication skills. This role will interface with Bank staff and executives, and thus exceptional communication skills.
- 5 to 7 years’ of experience in web-based application software development
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively, mentor production support engineers and handle shifting priorities professionally
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Excellent communication and reactionary/triage instincts.
- Deep attention to detail in driving effective resolution
- Participation in the complete life-cycle of an enterprise-wide, web-based application
- Strong SQL query skills
Desirable Experience Includes:
- Developing web applications using Ajax
- Web Services
- GIT, Subversion
- Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
- Good understanding of Networking principles
- Developing banking and financial applications
- Working professionally with customers
- Agile Development Methodology and initiative to drive process improvements
- Computer Science degree or proven experience
- Object Oriented Programming
- Databases and SQL query language
About Bottomline Technologies
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Please Note: Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.