Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of Working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
We are looking for an Product Manager to innovate, win, and grow with us.
Bottomline is a fast-growing market leader in the B2B and B2B2C fintech sector with a specific focus on helping businesses around the world ‘pay and get paid’. We believe that the way businesses trade and transact should be more intuitive, intelligent, automated, secure and usable.
Who are our customers?
Our award-winning cloud based products are used by SMEs and corporate enterprises all over the world via direct relationships and also through our channel partners.
What sort of products would you work on?
Bottomline has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of SaaS propositions reflect that. This role will specifically work on our award winning PTX cloud platform which is used by over 12,000 corporates and numerous channel partners for their receivables, payables and treasury needs.
How do we “do” Product Management in Bottomline?
At Bottomline we have a rapidly growing world class team and we’re looking for an exceptional Product Manager to join us to drive the growth and success of existing and brand new Products associated with our Payments heritage covering both receivables and payables activity.
At Bottomline we believe that the Best Product Wins. By this we mean that the only long-term sustainable way to grow a business is to have products that solve real business problems and surprise and delight our customers. At Bottomline, we are on an unrelenting quest to continuously improve and innovate our products and also our product management ways of working.
As a Product Manager, you'll be focused on driving success for your products by setting out the product vision, plan, roadmap, themes and objectives and then working across the business to deliver on them via new product/feature launches and overseeing effective Go To Market implementation.
What do we look for in a Product Manager?
Bottomline is a rapid-growth environment, we look for team players who thrive in this environment. They will be the champion of their product and know how to collaborate to drive success for their products, and at the same time help to identify new ways to improve how we ‘do’ product management.
The ideal candidate will have around 3 to 5 years experience in a SaaS product management role, either directly within a payments business or indirectly by working with organisations related to the payments space.
We like humble superstars who are smart, collaborative, creative, persistent, curious and commercial. They understand the regulatory changes and trends in the Payments space and they have a background sufficient to understand and combine technology and business to underpin the solutions.
They believe strongly in understanding the real customer problem to be solved and the business opportunity to be exploited and always find a way to succeed. They are close to the detail of their products and are comfortable engaging with technical teams to define and shape the roadmap.
They embrace metrics to help inform decision making and track progress.
In this role, you will:
- Have full ownership of defining the Product vision, roadmap and objectives to deliver the best possible business and customer outcome. This will require a skill in working across depts and breaking down hurdles & barriers to achieve your goals.
- Clearly articulate the proposition and how it solves customer’s pain and gain points.
- Translate the strategic vision into themes and a clear roadmap of technical and non-technical objectives and work with teams to define the key requirements and epics.
- Manage the full product lifecycle.
- Create a roadmap to ensure on-going sustained product growth and financial and non-financial success, working with our customers and internal stakeholders to align to business goals.
- Bring this roadmap to life with a hands-on approach to drive the end-to-end process, working closely with the Product Owner and Delivery Team.
- Understand the market dynamics, competitors and changing customer needs.
- Identify new ways to increase the stickiness of our existing products and opportunities for new ways to delight customers with new features/products.
- Define and own the Go To Market strategy and drive that to success by working with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Services.
- Have a close understanding of the product performance by defining and tracking key metrics.
Skills and attributes
Product Manager’s play a pivotal role in a fintech business, we believe every Product Manager needs to be a ‘mini-CEO’ of their Product, so we look for the following skills and attributes:
- Ownership / custodian
- Entrepreneurial / commercial drive
- Strong focus on customer value
- Self-starter, results focused
- Adept at virtual team working - lead and motivate virtual team
- Empathy for sales, marketing, technology, services and support
- Customer facing
- B2B and/or B2B2C expertise
- Problem solver
- Fire fighter
- Familiar with all stages of the product lifecycle
- Familiar with product methodologies and tooling
- Always looking to learn about and embrace the latest product management thinking from within fintech and across other sectors.
- FinTech and Financial Services market exposure
- SaaS / cloud services
- Open Banking
- Machine Learning, automation etc.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer.
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.